Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Just a few thoughts

Poll: Which of these Tolkien Authored and Edited/Middle Earth related books/ writings/essays have you read? And how do you feel about them? (Audio Books and Kindle included, some are quite obscure and may be out of print)
1. The Atlas of Middle Earth by Karen Wynn Fonstad
2. Defending Middle Earth by Patrick Curry
3. Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, Pearl and Sir Orfeo by J.R.R Tolkien
4. The Tolkien Family Album by John and Priscilla Tolkien
5. Ancrene Wisse: The English Text of The Ancrene Riwle by J.R.R Tolkien
6. JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis by Colin Duriez
7. Roverandom Edited by Christina Scull and Wayne G.Hammond
8. Lord of The Rings Weapons and Warfare by Chris Smith
9. Leaf by Niggle by J.R.R Tolkien
10. The Silmarillion Edited by Christopher Tolkien
11. The Letters of JRR Tolkien Edited by Humphrey Carpenter and Christopher Tolkien
12. The Children of Hůrin Edited by Christopher Tolkien
13. Tolkien’s Art: A mythology For England by Jane Chance Nitzsche
14. The Father Christmas Letters by J.R.R Tolkien
15. The Languages of Tolkien’s Middle-earth by Ruth S Noel
16. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien
17. On Fairy-Stories by J.R.R Tolkien
18. The Road Goes Ever On by J.R.R Tolkien and Donald Swann
19. The Road to Middle Earth by T.A sHIPPEY
20. Pictures by JRR Tolkien
21. The Complete Guide to Middle Earth by Robert Foster
22. JRR Tolkien: Author of the Century by Tom Shippey
23. Farmer Giles of Ham by JRR Tolkien
24. Smith of Wooton Major by JRR Tolkien
25 The Fellowship of The Ring by JRR Tolkien
26 The Two Towers by JRR Tolkien
27 The Return of The King by JRR Tolkien
28. The Lord of The Rings Official Movie Guide
29. The Adventures of Tom Bombadil by J.R.R Tolkien
30. The Homecoming of Beorhtnoth by J.R.R Tolkien
31. The History of The Hobbit Volume 1: Mr Baggins by John D Rateliff
32. The History of The Hobbit Volume 2: Return to Bag End by John D Rateliff
33. Tree and Leaf by J.R.R Tolkien
34. The Lord of The Rings Sketchbook by Alan Lee
35. Songs for the Philologists by J.R.R Tolkien
36. Old English Exodus edited by Alan Bliss
37. A Middle English Vocabulary by J.R.R Tolkien
38. Unfinished Tales and Numenor and Middle Earth Edited by Christopher Tolkien
39. The Tolkien Reader by J.R.R Tolkien
40. The making of the Lord of The Rings Film Trilogy
41. The Legend of Sigurd and Gundrun by Christopher Tolkien
42. Images of Middle Earth by John Howe
43. The History of Middle Earth Part I The Book of Lost Tales Part 1 by Christopher Tolkien
44. The History of Middle Earth Part II The Book of Lost Tales Part 2 by Christopher Tolkien
45. The History of Middle Earth Part III The Lays of Beleriand by Christopher Tolkien
46. The History of Middle Earth Part IV The Shaping of Middle Earth by Christopher Tolkien
47. The History of Middle Earth Part V The Lost Road and Other Writings by Christopher Tolkien
48. The History of Middle Earth Part VI The Return of The Shadow by Christopher Tolkien
49. The History of Middle Earth Part VII The Treason of Isenguard by Christopher Tolkien
50. The History of Middle Earth Part VIII The War of The Ring by Christopher Tolkien
51. The History of Middle Earth Part IX Sauron Defeated by Christopher Tolkien
52. The History of Middle Earth Part X Morgoth’s Ring by Christopher Tolkien
53. The History of Middle Earth Part XI The War of The Jewels by Christopher Tolkien
54. The History of Middle Earth Part XII The Peoples of Middle Earth by Christopher Tolkien
55. The History of Middle Earth Index by Christopher Tolkien
56. Tolkien: A Celebration by Joseph Pearce
57. The Lay of Aotrou and Itroun by J.R.R Tolkien
58. Finn and Hengest edited by Alan Bliss
59. The Inklings by Humphrey Carpenter
60. The Monsters and The Critics and Other Essays by J.R.R Tolkien
61. The Mythology of Middle Earth by Ruth S Noel
62. Mr Bliss by J.R.R Tolkien
63. Scholarship and Fantasy: Proceedings of the Tolkien Phenomenon by K.F Bartarbee
64. JRR Tolkien: Master of Fantasy by David R Collins
65. None of them (shame on you)
66. All of them (impressive!!)
View Results (769 votes)

demnation
Rohan

Sep 23 2012, 4:17am

Views: 398
Shortcut
Just a few thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

8. I have a strange fascination with Weapons and Warfare. It completely breaks canon, but I enjoy the In-universe style and the pictures. Probably my favorite movie related book.

56. Tolkien: A Celebration is very interesting. Focuses on his Catholicism a bit too much, but the essay by George Sayers is invaluable to me and is indispensable if you are at all interested in Tolkien the human being.

Actually own and have read more than these two, but 8 and 56 are the most interesting to me besides the work by Tolkien himself.

Subject User Time
Which of these Tolkien Authored and Edited/Middle Earth related books/ writings/essays have you read? And how do you feel about them? (Audio Books and Kindle included, some are quite obscure and may be out of print) malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Sep 20 2012, 10:49am
    Let me say that I'm still intending to read.. Patty Send a private message to Patty Sep 20 2012, 12:37pm
    You left out Flieger and Kocher... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 20 2012, 12:43pm
        And I have read far more than I own! Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Sep 21 2012, 2:40am
    Also forgotten was Tolkien and the Great War// Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Sep 20 2012, 3:49pm
        Yes, I was looking for that one. // Oiotári Send a private message to Oiotári Sep 21 2012, 10:04pm
    All of HoME Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 3:51pm
    I've started the LOTR-related TORN volumes. RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 20 2012, 4:14pm
        Surely you've meant "the LOTR-realted HOME volumes"? // sador Send a private message to sador Sep 20 2012, 5:10pm
    My list: Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Sep 21 2012, 11:11pm
    Oh dear, lets see Oiotári Send a private message to Oiotári Sep 21 2012, 11:29pm
    Just a few thoughts demnation Send a private message to demnation Sep 23 2012, 4:17am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.