Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Fingolfin

Poll: Who's your favourite son/grandson of Finwe?
Feanor
Maedhros
Maglor
Celegorm
Caranthir
Curufin
Ambarussa
Fingolfin
Fingon
Turgon
Finarfin
Finrod
Orodreth
Angrod
Aegnor
View Results (30 votes)

Delrond
Rohan

Sep 27 2012, 3:53pm

Views: 314
Shortcut
Fingolfin [In reply to] Can't Post

The consummate warrior king, he relentlessly attacked Angband for many, many years, culminating in his desperate confrontation with Morgoth at the Gates of Angband. Wounding Morgoth several times but unable to kill him, he went down fighting, giving Morgoth a limp by stabbing him in the foot before dying. The image of his ferocious ride to Angband for this final battle being compared to Orome must have struck fear into the hearts of most inhabitants of Beleriand.

I would love to see this incorporated into a film, but doubt it ever will be.

Subject User Time
Who's your favourite son/grandson of Finwe? Nimloth9 Send a private message to Nimloth9 Sep 20 2012, 2:21am
    Finrod Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 2:27am
        Agreed. And I'd go so far as to say... Patty Send a private message to Patty Sep 20 2012, 12:33pm
            Feanor is a jerk Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 3:36pm
                That's exactly what I was going to say about him! LOL! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 20 2012, 4:16pm
                    It's hard to remember them all Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 4:20pm
    Where's the "all" option? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 20 2012, 6:54am
        Do you have nothing bad to say about anything?? Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 3:38pm
            Hey, I'm a forgiving person ;-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 20 2012, 6:26pm
                Forgiving indeed! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 6:42pm
                    I try to ingore that DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 20 2012, 6:44pm
                        Oh Daniel... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 6:53pm
                            Phew! Got away with it! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 20 2012, 6:58pm
                                Oh it was all going through my head! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Sep 20 2012, 7:10pm
        Yeah, Nimloth9 Send a private message to Nimloth9 Sep 20 2012, 7:54pm
    We really have to choose only one? sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Sep 22 2012, 6:19pm
    *Amends to "child/grandchild" and casts vote for Galadriel* :) // Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Sep 26 2012, 6:09pm
        I left out Galadriel Nimloth9 Send a private message to Nimloth9 Sep 26 2012, 6:42pm
    Fingolfin Delrond Send a private message to Delrond Sep 27 2012, 3:53pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.