Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
The rabbit sled.
Poll: The rabbit sled.
Yes 27 / 69%
No 9 / 23%
Other (explain below) 3 / 8%
39 total votes

macfalk
Valinor

Sep 19 2012, 3:42pm

Post #1 of 11 (650 views)
Shortcut
The rabbit sled. Can't Post

Does it work for you?

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 19 2012, 3:43pm

Post #2 of 11 (219 views)
Shortcut
Yup! 2013 merchandise? ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Sep 19 2012, 7:08pm

Post #3 of 11 (175 views)
Shortcut
Loved it! [In reply to] Can't Post

I must admit that I never saw Radagast's character in a funny light, but this really changes things. I'm truly beginning to believe that Radagast (and his bunnies, of course) are going to be one of the huge highpoints of this trilogy. I can now see what Sylv meant by "It's not the Bilbo role, but could be bigger", because after seeing about 5 seconds of him onscreen I prefer him to Bilbo's character.

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Sep 19 2012, 7:20pm

Post #4 of 11 (174 views)
Shortcut
For sure! [In reply to] Can't Post

The more fantasy/magical visuals and elements such as this are what I want most in these films.

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 19 2012, 8:36pm

Post #5 of 11 (169 views)
Shortcut
They be Hares, not Rabbits! [In reply to] Can't Post

Get it right or be doomed to walk the plank.

I imagine that Radagast's hares are to normal rodents what Shadowfax is to an ordinary horse.

Escapist
Gondor

Sep 19 2012, 9:07pm

Post #6 of 11 (172 views)
Shortcut
Seeing it in motion makes a big difference, I think. [In reply to] Can't Post

The concept art that got circulated was stationary and I don't think it was designed for distribution. It looked like some senile fake Santa Claus had accidentally tied some rabbits to his fake sled. I think it was largely the quality of the image - and there is a difference between an image sketched out to communicate a raw idea and an image designed to embody that idea.

I think the way the rabbits moved reminded me of dog-sled teams and it worked great for the few seconds it was shown. This may be a posterchild for not showing too much of a movie before it is ready. Subtle details can make a big difference.

Nimloth9
The Shire

Sep 20 2012, 1:39am

Post #7 of 11 (169 views)
Shortcut
Voted other. [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that I actually saw it, it didn't look too bad. But if Radagast has a "hare" sled, they better have fancy animals for Beorn!

alienorchid
Lorien

Sep 20 2012, 9:57am

Post #8 of 11 (162 views)
Shortcut
At first I was skeptical, [In reply to] Can't Post

it seemed too.. silly or something. I didn't see the image when it was originally circulated, but it sounded very strange.

However, seeing it in the trailer has changed my mind, and also because a friend of mine who is a bunny enthusiast showed me pictures of the Flemish Giant rabbit!! They are quite huge, and a team of them could probably pull a small sled, at least!

Patty
Immortal

Sep 20 2012, 12:28pm

Post #9 of 11 (176 views)
Shortcut
I'm "other" in that... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Like others, I'm hoping not to stray too far into Narnia-like territory, and this sort of thing is a risk for me. But I think/hope it will not impress me in this way in context in the movie.

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 26 2012, 5:47pm

Post #10 of 11 (126 views)
Shortcut
You mean the bunnybagan :)? [In reply to] Can't Post

Works for me!

(This post was edited by Loresilme on Sep 26 2012, 5:49pm)

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Sep 26 2012, 6:26pm

Post #11 of 11 (328 views)
Shortcut
Rabbit Sled [In reply to] Can't Post

"Rabbit Sled" is just so much easier on the ears and tongue than "Hare Sled." It has a better quality and an intrinsic humor.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.