Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
I didn't know about FOTR

Poll: Three months out: Hobbit vs FOTR anticipation?
I am more excited about The Hobbit than I was for FOTR
I am more worried about The Hobbit than I was for FOTR
My anticipation is about the same
I was more excited about FOTR than I am about The Hobbit
I was more worried about FOTR than I am about The Hobbit
I didn't know about FOTR three months out
View Results (68 votes)

Ruinwen
Rivendell

Oct 1 2012, 1:46am

Views: 213
Shortcut
I didn't know about FOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

until, a few weeks before it came out, I walked past this poster in the cinema.

I can't remember what film I was there to see, but the poster absolutely blew my socks off. I was only 11 or 12 at the time but TH, closely followed by LOTR, were my favourite books evarrr, and when I saw the poster I nearly screamed/fainted/had a complete fangirl attack. My mum turned round, saw what I was looking at and said 'Ohh, no....I hoped you wouldn't see that....' just as I began babbling 'ohmygodohmygodwehavetogoseethatcanwepleasegoseethatpleasecanyoutakemeI'lldoanything' etc.

So at the three months out stage, my excitement for FOTR was non-existent, because I didn't know about it, but when I did catch on it had the crazed intensity only a 12-year-old can produce.

I am super excited for the Hobbit, but also more worried; as well as legitimate doubts about the movie, I don't think anything could ever live up to the hype we've created around LOTR. We all love it way too much, we're all way too nostalgic about it, for a sequel to ever measure up. They just never do. Still, I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it.

Subject User Time
Three months out: Hobbit vs FOTR anticipation? Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Sep 14 2012, 4:09am
    I was both more excited and more worried for FOTR. Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Sep 14 2012, 5:40am
        what she said Annael Send a private message to Annael Sep 16 2012, 7:07pm
        This is kinda how I feel, Silverlode, except... Patty Send a private message to Patty Sep 20 2012, 12:06pm
    More excited! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 14 2012, 6:23am
    I missed out on FOTR hype. macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Sep 14 2012, 6:28am
        What FOTR-hype again? Misto Send a private message to Misto Sep 14 2012, 2:02pm
    FOTR was flying under my radar Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 14 2012, 2:31pm
        I'm sorry you feel that way, magpie macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Sep 14 2012, 3:05pm
            I'm sure I'll enjoy the music Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Sep 14 2012, 4:50pm
    I don't remember that far back, lol! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Sep 14 2012, 3:53pm
    None of the above... diedye Send a private message to diedye Sep 14 2012, 5:37pm
        Note to self ... DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 14 2012, 10:34pm
        similar thoughts sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Sep 15 2012, 12:42am
    Was more excited previously imin Send a private message to imin Sep 14 2012, 7:09pm
        It's a good thing DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Sep 14 2012, 10:36pm
    Anticipation sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Sep 15 2012, 7:16pm
    I'm more excited about The Hobbit Rosie-with-the-ribbons Send a private message to Rosie-with-the-ribbons Sep 16 2012, 4:35pm
    Equal dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Sep 27 2012, 8:42pm
    I didn't know about FOTR Ruinwen Send a private message to Ruinwen Oct 1 2012, 1:46am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.