Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Favorite Scene in the Trilogy
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ardamírë
Valinor

Sep 17 2012, 5:33pm

Post #51 of 55 (411 views)
Shortcut
I greatly enjoyed your first memoir post. [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep meaning to pick up a copy of The Frodo Franchise, but it will probably have to wait until the end of the semester.

And I'm very much looking forward to your book about the protagonists of LOTR. I hope you keep us updated on its progress!

Solicitr
Lorien

Sep 17 2012, 5:41pm

Post #52 of 55 (452 views)
Shortcut
Mine, in all seriousness [In reply to] Can't Post

is the scene of the Fellowship grieving outside the East-gate of Moria.

One of the handful of times I thought PJ nailed it and filmed a scene from The Lord of the Rings and not the Classix Illustrated comic-book version- even though purists would observe that the landscape was all wrong and the Fellowship didn't actually stop there.

Escapist
Gondor

Sep 18 2012, 12:17am

Post #53 of 55 (421 views)
Shortcut
top 5 [In reply to] Can't Post

... or so ...

FOTR
entrance of Strider at the Prancing Pony (very mysterious - I think that's cool in a movie)
Pippin drpping the skeleton and getting called "Fool of a Took" ... everything seems fine at first ... except not really
Gandalf facing the Balrog "You Shall not Pass"
Elvish funeral song for Gandalf - so haunting and surreal
Boromir fighting for the halflings and his death in the arms of Aragorn

TTT
Eowyn standing up to Wormtongue "Your words are poison"
Legolas defending Gimli from the Mark
Pippin fast-talking the ents / Treebeard to get them to go past the ruin of Saruman
Gandalf riding over the hill leading riders of the Mark at the turn of the tide
Legolas "Or would you like me to find you a box?"

ROTK
Pippin singing in Denethor's halls
Eowyn and Merry's moment "I am no man!"
Faramir "If I return, think better of me father"
Sam carrying Frodo to Mount Doom
The Oliphant - yep, I liked it Shocked Angelic

I like a scene that is a little surprising, has me at the edge of my seat, or indicates a major turning point.
At least these are scenes that I remember best. I also like scenes that show major tests of character.

There are so many great moments in these movies! I think they did a really great job of doing so many types of scenes well.

macfalk
Valinor

Sep 18 2012, 8:19am

Post #54 of 55 (428 views)
Shortcut
I see! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope to see you around when The Hobbit frenzy begins for real!

Two years or so when there were so much troubles,bankruptcies, lawsuits and whatnot, your posts along with Voronwe_the_faithful were really re-assuring to people like me who knows very little of such matters. Smile

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

Longbottom Leaf
Rivendell

Sep 25 2012, 9:41pm

Post #55 of 55 (636 views)
Shortcut
Ok,here goes... [In reply to] Can't Post

First off I love all the Boromir stuff. He is definitely one of my favorite movie characters. Great acting! "I ask only for the strength to defend my people!!"....Love it!

The first scene in each movie drew me right in.
FOTR prologue/last alliance etc. was awesome
TTT prologue with Gandalf/Balrog...can't go wrong here
ROTK prologue Smeagol/Deagol. Definitely one of my favorite scenes in the whole trilogy. Throughout the first 2 movies I was wondering if they were going to include this and when ROTK began with this scene I think my skull nearly collapsed! This would most likely get my vote as favorite scene if I was held at gunpoint and absolutely had to choose.

The best weed in the southfarthing!

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.