Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
A Lord of Time at Dragon*Con

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 10 2012, 5:44pm

Post #1 of 8 (176 views)
Shortcut
A Lord of Time at Dragon*Con Can't Post

Kathleen David (with help from writer-husband Peter David and others) put on a terrific puppet show at this years Puppet Slam at Dragon*Con. It was a musical performance based on a reworked Doctor Who filksong by Mr. David. The original song was written in the Tom Baker era; the updated version features the 11th Doctor.

Lyrics to "A Lord of Time (Tom Baker version)

Lyrics to "A Lord of Time (Matt Smith version)

'Thus spake Ioreth, wise-woman of Gondor: The hands of the king are the hands of a healer, and so shall the rightful king be known.' - Gandalf the White

Magpie
Immortal

Sep 10 2012, 6:30pm

Post #2 of 8 (63 views)
Shortcut
cool // [In reply to] Can't Post

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

tennie75
Lorien

Sep 11 2012, 12:25am

Post #3 of 8 (80 views)
Shortcut
very cool - thanks for sharing! would like to see all the puppets// [In reply to] Can't Post

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 11 2012, 7:30pm

Post #4 of 8 (63 views)
Shortcut
There was a link in the original blog post... [In reply to] Can't Post

Which I will reproduce here.

'Thus spake Ioreth, wise-woman of Gondor: The hands of the king are the hands of a healer, and so shall the rightful king be known.' - Gandalf the White

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Sep 13 2012, 10:27am

Post #5 of 8 (51 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! DragonCon is fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

and chock-full of hidden treasures like this. Thank you! That was fun :D

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 13 2012, 12:57pm

Post #6 of 8 (76 views)
Shortcut
You are most welcome... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am glad to be of service.

tennie75
Lorien

Sep 16 2012, 12:59pm

Post #7 of 8 (55 views)
Shortcut
Sorry I should have been more clear [In reply to] Can't Post

I would like to see close ups of each Doctor puppet to appreciate the costumes. I found the blog - maybe if I have time I will try to track any possible pictures through that. Thanks for posting the link!

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Sep 16 2012, 3:16pm

Post #8 of 8 (91 views)
Shortcut
Kathleen David's Blog [In reply to] Can't Post

No prob'! I don't know if it has the photo's you seek, but here is Kathleen David's weblog. If nothing else, it should provide a point-of-contact.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.