Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Dragoncon - Evening at Bree

The Elf Artist
The Shire

Sep 6 2012, 6:05pm

Post #1 of 6 (416 views)
Shortcut
Dragoncon - Evening at Bree Can't Post

What a fun evening! This year was my first full Dragoncon and first experience at the Evening at Bree. It was so much fun dancing to Emerald Rose. Lively lively tunes. I could barely keep from laughing at just about everything Craig Parker said and got to see a bunch of my friends walk in the costume contest.

I'm curious, what were YOUR favourite parts of the Evening at Bree?

Also, did anyone happens to get pictures? My pictures came out very dark and blurry.

teargift
The Shire

Sep 7 2012, 2:12am

Post #2 of 6 (219 views)
Shortcut
Picts [In reply to] Can't Post

Having a little one, I was limited in what I could get to, and we couldn't make it to Bree. Was the elf choir also there? I saw glimpses on Stickam. I'd also love to see that again. I'll try to find it myself, but I'd love a decent video.

A friend has a public album with pictures from Bree (#91-#123) (and other things). I hope the link works.

Warning some pictures contain "small" costumes.

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil."

The Elf Artist
The Shire

Sep 7 2012, 2:39pm

Post #3 of 6 (168 views)
Shortcut
Elf Choir [In reply to] Can't Post

The elf choir was there. They sang beautifully!

There was also a guy there doing a live podcast with an iPad. I believe he was with theonering.net. I'd love to track those videos down.

Thanks for the link! :) Hopefully you can make it out next year. This was my first year and I'll definitely be going again.

Nightingale
Rohan

Sep 7 2012, 2:41pm

Post #4 of 6 (157 views)
Shortcut
Wow - look at all of those costumes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Attending a convention like this is on my bucket list. I have never made it to one yet - this looks so fun! Thanks to your friend for sharing... Smile

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me" - C. S. Lewis

"That line between the earth and sky came beckoning to me..." - Laurie's Song

The Elf Artist
The Shire

Sep 7 2012, 2:43pm

Post #5 of 6 (228 views)
Shortcut
Stickam [In reply to] Can't Post

Stickam or Stickcam? I'm wondering if that might have been the live iPad podcast I was seeing around. Where did you watch it at?

Nightingale - Do go sometime if you have a chance. It's definitely something to experience at least once in a lifetime!

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Sep 7 2012, 4:02pm

Post #6 of 6 (399 views)
Shortcut
Here you go - TORN live [In reply to] Can't Post

There was a group of TORN staffers at Dragon Con recording events, and several of them are still on the road, driving back to LA.

Here's the link to the Stickam feed, and I think you can search for Dragon Con recordings.

Glad you had fun at Dragon Con!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.