Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
If you could only visit one board for a whole month...
Poll: If you could only visit one board for a whole month...
Main  5 / 12%
Reading room 3 / 7%
Movie: LOTR 2 / 5%
Movie: The Hobbit 20 / 47%
Off-topic board(s) 13 / 30%
Other 0 / 0%
43 total votes

macfalk
Valinor

Sep 1 2012, 11:55am

Post #1 of 10 (439 views)
Shortcut
If you could only visit one board for a whole month... Can't Post

Which one would it be?

TH, or Main for me. Both boards usually have some interesting discussion going on which is fun to be a part of.

DanielLB
Immortal

Sep 1 2012, 12:01pm

Post #2 of 10 (204 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit board [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't miss spoilers and speculation. I come out in hives if I stay away too long. Tongue

Patty
Immortal

Sep 1 2012, 5:39pm

Post #3 of 10 (180 views)
Shortcut
Off-topic. [In reply to] Can't Post

All the news on everything. All the gossip. If it's really important news, it'll come out there somewhere.

sam90
Lorien

Sep 1 2012, 6:00pm

Post #4 of 10 (178 views)
Shortcut
The Board I would visit [In reply to] Can't Post

I think that would be Main to me, simply because it tells a bit of everything and you can acutally get some interesting informations there. But as The Hobbit films is the hot board these days it's a kind of difficult to resist to make visits there sometimes.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Sep 1 2012, 6:01pm)

Elizabeth
Valinor

Sep 1 2012, 6:43pm

Post #5 of 10 (194 views)
Shortcut
Reading Room. [In reply to] Can't Post

That's where the really interesting discussions of Tolkien's work are. Personal chit-chat and Hobbit Movie rumors are fun, but if I were restricted to one food item, I'd go where the nutrition is!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Sep 2 2012, 7:57am

Post #6 of 10 (166 views)
Shortcut
Off-Topic [In reply to] Can't Post

There may actually be months where that's the only board I visit.

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Sep 2 2012, 10:41am

Post #7 of 10 (150 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit board for me [In reply to] Can't Post

Whilst I don't like all of the issues with the board at the moment, I can't afford to miss any spoilers or interesting speculations!

Loresilme
Valinor

Sep 2 2012, 1:15pm

Post #8 of 10 (138 views)
Shortcut
LOTR movie [In reply to] Can't Post

I really enjoy the discussions there around topics that examine the creative process - from the appendices to the score, from props to SCODS - the why's and how's of the way the films are, either in relation to how the books are, or considered separately. And I also appreciate that the LOTR movie board welcomes a wide range of discussion styles, from the purely subjective, 'How do you interpret this...?' type of aesthetic discussions, to the very technical, detailed examinations of many film-related topics such as set construction, editing styles, lighting techniques, etc. I like that variety and openness. There's always something interesting going on, and even when opinions differ, the board remains a friendly place where the tone of the discussions is always courteous and thoughtful.

Annael
Half-elven

Sep 2 2012, 4:01pm

Post #9 of 10 (152 views)
Shortcut
Off Topic [In reply to] Can't Post

having been here since 1999, I have a "been there done that" feeling when I venture onto the Movie boards or the Reading Room. Off Topic discussions can still surprise me (and anything of import on Main is usually linked there).

Patty
Immortal

Sep 2 2012, 7:07pm

Post #10 of 10 (283 views)
Shortcut
Yep. I agree with all you say here. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.