Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Just a question

elevorn
Lorien

Aug 31 2012, 6:29pm

Post #1 of 9 (365 views)
Shortcut
Just a question Can't Post

TORn's old site had a fan fiction section of sorts. I cannot seem to find anything else like it. Anyone know where I might could find some ME fan fiction? Not really interested in movies as they are hard to watch at work, but some good writing would be fun.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 31 2012, 7:36pm

Post #2 of 9 (141 views)
Shortcut
You could start and fanfiction.net. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't read the stories listed here, but there are a few to have a look through.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Aug 31 2012, 8:28pm

Post #3 of 9 (128 views)
Shortcut
There is a fantastic website called the Henneth Annun Story Archive [In reply to] Can't Post

Which features all sorts of brilliant stories related to Tolkien's world and characters. I am working on a story on the website at the moment called "The Fall of the Necromancer". It isn't all that good (only finished the first two chapters, it's work in progress), but you never know, it may be worth a read.Wink

"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue, and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends."-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2012, 8:39pm

Post #4 of 9 (121 views)
Shortcut
Silmarillion [In reply to] Can't Post

Allow me to recommend to you my sole piece of fan fiction. I'm sorry for recommending only my own, but I usually read fanfic, so I wouldn't know what else to recommend.

Echoes of the past, reflections of yesterday.
Gandalf sees the events of the War of the Ring as a conclussion to battles and events from the past, a direct ending to the conflicts in Beleriand, involving Morgoth, the Valar and the heroes of the Silmarillion.

It was written in 2007 for a 30 year anniversary contest of The Silmarillion. Small warning: I didn't proof-read it adequately, so it has got alot of small mistakes: "where" for "were" and similar things. Hope you all enjoy it!

http://www.silmarillionwritersguild.org/...id=208&chapter=1

Lots of Silmarillion things over there, too!

Visit Mexico from A to Z! Index to the whole series here.
Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Tweezers of Thu
Rivendell

Aug 31 2012, 9:01pm

Post #5 of 9 (119 views)
Shortcut
Might I suggest having a look at an article by Michael Martinez and the link therein? [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's the article:

Middle-earth Fan Fiction Awards Announce 2011 Winners

The now defunct MEFAs were a people's choice award for Tolkien-based fan fiction. The nominated stories derive from a number of archives (FFN, HASA, Stories of Arda, The Silmarillion Writers' Guild, Many Paths to Tread, among others). Readers voted for stories and essays in the MEFAs by reviewing. As a result, the quality of the stories and essays therein tends to be a bit better, and you'll find some pretty erudite stuff there.

Here's the link to the MEFA Archive. The links within will take you to the various archives where the winning stories and honorable mentions are hosted.

On a lightheartedly esoteric note, I've known the cartoonist of this (badly drawn) series, inspired by The History of Middle-earth and The Silmarillion (and perhaps more parody than fanfic), since birth. Wink Gothmog and Draugluin

A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature. ~~ Henry David Thoreau

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 31 2012, 9:14pm

Post #6 of 9 (100 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps the thread description on Fan Art... [In reply to] Can't Post

("Display and get feedback on your LOTR and Fantasy drawings, photography, prose and poetry") Should include fan-fiction? Just a thought Smile

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 31 2012, 9:17pm

Post #7 of 9 (117 views)
Shortcut
I've spent some time on Henneth Annun [In reply to] Can't Post

As a reader, I think they have a good search function which was nice. I enjoyed one set of stories so much I wrote the author to tell them so.

But I don't write so I can't speak to that aspect of the site.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

sevilodorf
Gondor

Aug 31 2012, 11:22pm

Post #8 of 9 (114 views)
Shortcut
some of us [In reply to] Can't Post

have links to fan fic sites in our footers....

burpingtroll.com

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 1 2012, 2:43am

Post #9 of 9 (106 views)
Shortcut
I think it's covered by 'prose'. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.