Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
DragonCon is here!

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Aug 30 2012, 9:49am

Post #1 of 8 (464 views)
Shortcut
DragonCon is here! Can't Post

Ok, so officially things don't really get going until tomorrow, but in the hearts of everyone arriving at hotels in Atlanta today, DragonCon has started!  And as you know, TheOneRing.net and Tolkien fandom are here in force!  Staffers deej and greendragon are hard at work to make the TORn table fun for all - come and see us from 11am Friday in the Hyatt (Exhibit Level, near the Art Show) to try your hand at trivia or pick up one of TORn's fabulous new shirts! Or just pop by to chat - we love seeing old friends and new!

You can also visit TORn's good friends Badali Jewelry here at DragonCon.   They will be found in the Dealers Room located on the bottom floor of the Marriott Marquis.  For your spending pleasure, they will have a full inventory of Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit items, as well as some of their most popular Fantasy, Celtic, Pirate, Vampire, and Elven pieces.  There will be 3 brand new Officially Licensed Hobbit pieces to see, and they even have a fabulous offer for fans here at TheOneRing.net - 15% off your entire purchase!! Just stop by and say the magic words "Gandalf Sent Me".

The good times keep coming with 'Evening at Bree' Friday night, and panels from TORn 4pm on Friday, 5.30pm Saturday and 11.30am Monday.  For a complete list of Tolkien Track panels, click here.  Can't wait to see everyone! - and for those of you who can't join us, we'll bring you updates of all the fun, right here on TORn.  Let the games begin!

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Aug 30 2012, 6:42pm

Post #2 of 8 (206 views)
Shortcut
Well, I got here safe and sound [In reply to] Can't Post

My luggage did too, we just didn't connect at the airport. Crazy No costumes for me unless it shows up.

Hope everyone else is having a better start to their con!

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?
Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home and back by Dec. 2013
Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2012, 12:55am

Post #3 of 8 (164 views)
Shortcut
made it [In reply to] Can't Post

not without incident though... had a tire blow out going down highway 20 at about 75 mph. what a fun ride... But after a call to triple A and about an hour stuck on the side of the road we finally made it to Atlanta unscathed. Everything thus far since arriving has been cool, hopefully will get to meet some cool people from TORn and leave our personal differences aside about the films.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 31 2012, 1:53am

Post #4 of 8 (165 views)
Shortcut
There's an awesome group at Dragon Con [In reply to] Can't Post

Quickbeam, MrCere and others are driving from California, greendragon and deej are there running the Tolkien track and our table. Cool t-shirts at the TORN booth, beautiful jewelry at Badali, lots to do! Wish I could be there, but have a wedding this weekend.

teargift
The Shire

Aug 31 2012, 2:46am

Post #5 of 8 (203 views)
Shortcut
Not without me this time... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am very excited to meet new friends and TORn staff. I am a close-to-Atlanta resident, so barring any issues with mass transit, my husband and I hope to be picking up our badges Friday morning. This is the first con I have attended in years and the first since I became a TORn follower.

Travel safely!

"I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil."

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Sep 2 2012, 4:37am

Post #6 of 8 (216 views)
Shortcut
Rings Panel Charms Dragon Con (re-post from Home Page) [In reply to] Can't Post

Actors Billy Boyd, Craig Parker, and John Rhys-Davies captivated Dragon*Con yesterday with their enchanting accents and witty repartee as they hosted a panel at the Atlanta convention. Debbie Yutko writes:

"When asked about Peter Jackson’s upcoming film The Hobbit, all three actors agreed that it will be epic. Rhys-Davies predicted that The Hobbit will be a game-changer. 'You’re going to see one of the greatest films of all time—soon,' he said to rousing cheers and applause. He predicted that a lot more awards will be coming Peter Jackson’s way."

Thanks to Ringer Lisa for the heads-up on the article.

[More]

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

13thHour
Rivendell

Sep 4 2012, 2:36pm

Post #7 of 8 (240 views)
Shortcut
Great Con this year! [In reply to] Can't Post

I missed both of the TORn panels, but caught the LOTR panel that was sans-Sylvester McCoy. I also tried to make it to the "Evening in Bree" party, but it was filled up and they wouldn't let anyone in.

It was just two short years ago that I was made aware of TORn through Dragon*Con, and attended the panel where they were discussing the trials and tribulations of even getting the Hobbit movie made... now there are going to be three of them!

Had a pleasant time chatting with the TORn booth, picked up a Radagast t-shirt, and saw tons of great Middle-Earth costumes.

Great Dragon*Con everybody!

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Getting fit for Dragon*Con 2012

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Sep 5 2012, 7:55pm

Post #8 of 8 (267 views)
Shortcut
was a great time... [In reply to] Can't Post

I caught almost all the LOTR/Hobbit panels as well as many other events... A night in Bree was the one thing I missed which I was near the front of the line and counted at least 60 people leave and no more were being let in. Overall though I think the staff from TORn and all the people involved with the Tolkien track did a phenomenal job. can't wait till next year, the only thing I can say is Bigger rooms next year cause the Hobbit film is gonna be huge. Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.