Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
The only bad thing about the hobbit being a trilogy..... tintin 2 is on hold?

Welsh hero
Gondor

Aug 29 2012, 9:24pm

Post #1 of 8 (225 views)
Shortcut
The only bad thing about the hobbit being a trilogy..... tintin 2 is on hold? Can't Post

just watched the film, and really enjoyed it

should have got more than just a score nod at the oscars.

but yes. Peter is to direct the film correct, with extra Hobbit stuff to film, they'll put tintin on hold right?

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant
middle earth timeline FB: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarth1

(This post was edited by Welsh hero on Aug 29 2012, 9:29pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 29 2012, 9:33pm

Post #2 of 8 (92 views)
Shortcut
I was really excited for the Tintin film [In reply to] Can't Post

And after seeing it, I was a little disappointed. I have a knack for guessing the plot/ending/climax of a film before it's happened, and this is one example. Once I'd guessed much of the plot, I was just waiting for it to end. It did feel like it dragged, with very little plot. Still, the technological innovation into making this film was outstanding. And despite all the negatives, it was still nice to watch.

I hope that this extra pre-production for Tintin 2 does it some good.

Compa_Mighty
Tol Eressea

Aug 30 2012, 5:51pm

Post #3 of 8 (121 views)
Shortcut
Loved it as well... [In reply to] Can't Post

Next episode is Prisoners of the Sun, right? I guess it is on hold.... unless Jackson hands out the reins, which wouldn't be inconceivable.

Visit Mexico from A to Z! Index to the whole series here.
Essay winner of the Show us your Hobbit Pride Giveway!

Patty
Immortal

Aug 31 2012, 8:51pm

Post #4 of 8 (74 views)
Shortcut
I had never heard of Tintin before it was announced that Pete was attached to it... [In reply to] Can't Post

so I'm no good as a judge.

But I watched the blu-ray at home and was pretty underwhelmed, accept that I liked the 2 undercover police guys. The rest did not make me care about a second film.

Permanent address: Into the West

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 3 2012, 7:19am

Post #5 of 8 (61 views)
Shortcut
You could probably call me a purist [In reply to] Can't Post

As I have been a Tintin geek since I was little, I was nervous about the movie. I tried my very best to approach and view it open-mindedly, but I found the movie truly awful, and I would be more than happy if Tintin was left well alone.
I shall definitely stick with the books.Smile

Patty
Immortal

Sep 3 2012, 8:12pm

Post #6 of 8 (44 views)
Shortcut
I'm as sorry for you as I am for... [In reply to] Can't Post

the LotR lovers who were unhappy with the movies. It's very hard when something that you geek over is not filmed to your liking. Fortunately for me, I wasn't familiar with Tintin, so I had nothing to lose. Again, fortunately for me, I love the LotR flicks.

Maybe if they do Tintin 2 it will be done differently, more in tune with your vib. I'll hope so, anyway.

Permanent address: Into the West

Starling
Half-elven

Sep 4 2012, 7:17am

Post #7 of 8 (36 views)
Shortcut
I found it rather a good learning experience [In reply to] Can't Post

Although I was familiar with The Lord of the Rings before the films were released, I hadn't actually read it. My Tintin experience gave me a much better understanding of how some people felt about book to film LOTR.

Annael
Half-elven

Sep 4 2012, 3:18pm

Post #8 of 8 (43 views)
Shortcut
well [In reply to] Can't Post

I hadn't read the TinTin books either, but I found the film lacked substance; I was not drawn into the story. Impressive CGI, but the characters all seemed rather one-note. If people had said it was wonderfully true to the books I wouldn't want to read them, but if the books are better, then the movie won't stop me from reading them.

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.