Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Love this scene!

alienorchid
Lorien

Sep 2 2012, 4:00am

Views: 303
Shortcut
Love this scene! [In reply to] Can't Post

What do you think of this image in terms of visual impact?
I love the blue colour palate and the simplicity of this scene. It perfectly symbolises the dedication of Frodo and Sam to each other. And as others mentioned, the scene in Mt Doom, which is all fiery and orange, compliments this one perfectly.

What about the substance? Is it just an illustration of how Frodo was able to catch Sam’s hand, or does it seem to represent more? If the latter, in what way?

The feeling I get with this scene is that both Sam and Frodo have been thrust into a whole other world, and the sound design and other-worldliness of the underwater represents that, imo. Their clasped hands show that they will pull eachother through it.

I also think it represents that at this stage in the journey, Frodo is the leader and Sam kind of relies on him being the one with the plan, but in the bookend scene, the roles have been reversed since Frodo is completely wasted by the ring at that stage, and Sam is the practical one who takes control.

Subject User Time
SCOD: Frodo saves Samwise zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Aug 29 2012, 5:40am
    I love all underwater scenes in films Shelob'sAppetite Send a private message to Shelob'sAppetite Aug 29 2012, 5:58am
    And Samwise saves Frodo Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Aug 29 2012, 1:37pm
        Goodness Alientraveller Send a private message to Alientraveller Aug 29 2012, 4:43pm
        Good gracious! That's brilliant! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Aug 29 2012, 5:15pm
            Bookends Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Aug 29 2012, 6:23pm
                Interesting Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Aug 30 2012, 1:43am
                Sort of like SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 30 2012, 3:41am
                As silly as the dwarf-tossing jokes are, I think they're supposed to do that sort of thing kzer_za Send a private message to kzer_za Aug 30 2012, 1:33pm
                    Speaking of silly Gimli jokes & other humor Loresilme Send a private message to Loresilme Aug 30 2012, 6:13pm
        I wish I could say zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Aug 31 2012, 5:33am
        I never thought of that. One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Sep 1 2012, 5:47pm
    SCOD elevorn Send a private message to elevorn Aug 29 2012, 3:33pm
        That's what struck me...also reminded me of Harold of Whoa's words zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Aug 31 2012, 5:57am
    Love this scene! alienorchid Send a private message to alienorchid Sep 2 2012, 4:00am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.