Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Questions for Sylvester McCoy

Ibach
The Shire

Aug 28 2012, 3:56am

Post #1 of 17 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Questions for Sylvester McCoy Can't Post

Ok, so Sylvester McCoy is going to be speaking with my master acting class tomorrow about the industry and telling us his story. So, if any of you fellow Ringers have questions that you want me to ask him, then post them here! I will do my best to ask them. But please ask questions I could get away with asking in my acting class. Don't ask me to ask questions that could annoy the gentleman. I won't be doing that. I'll let you know what I find out!

(This post was edited by Ibach on Aug 28 2012, 4:06am)

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 28 2012, 3:58am

Post #2 of 17 (365 views)
Shortcut
How do you prepare for the role of a wizard? [In reply to] Can't Post

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 28 2012, 4:16am

Post #3 of 17 (329 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to know [In reply to] Can't Post

if there are particular things that really draw him to take a role, or conversely, what would make him turn a role down.

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

FiliSonOfDis
Rivendell

Aug 28 2012, 4:17am

Post #4 of 17 (336 views)
Shortcut
What shelobsappetite said [In reply to] Can't Post

It'll get him to talk about the role without directly asking him, if you straight up ask him for information he may be required to decline saying much but if you make a kind of "joke" out of asking he'll probably be more inclined to start talking.

I've gone to conventions where actors and other people on the "inside" of the business are talking about up coming roles etc... and they often have to answer question in a kind of tongue in cheek way, giving out some information by saying stuff like "IF I WAS to EVER play a wizard in an upcoming movie I'd probably play him like this *does some lines or something as radagast*"

That sort of thing, I think its a good plan to get info Wink

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 28 2012, 4:18am

Post #5 of 17 (319 views)
Shortcut
Exactly [In reply to] Can't Post

But now you've blown my cover! Wink

Ibach
The Shire

Aug 28 2012, 4:22am

Post #6 of 17 (312 views)
Shortcut
These are great! [In reply to] Can't Post

These ideas really are good! And please, the more you guys give me, the more I can go in with and the more the possibilities are. It is an extremely small class of only 12 people, so therefore, I can probably ask several questions in the time we have. I really do want to use your input and ask questions that could shed some light on questions we've all had for The Hobbit.

(This post was edited by Ibach on Aug 28 2012, 4:24am)

FiliSonOfDis
Rivendell

Aug 28 2012, 5:31am

Post #7 of 17 (331 views)
Shortcut
Somethings you could try and get him to shed some light on [In reply to] Can't Post

You could ask how much screen time he's getting in "The Hobbit"? or how long he was shooting for? which could answer the former.

You could ask if he's going back to shoot more scenes for TH? could let us know how involved radagast is in the now 3rd film (which i assume will require the most new footage).

you could ask which actors he worked with on set, if he worked with Christopher Lee then we know hes in the white council scenes if he worked with Benedict Cumberbatch we'll know Radagast is probably at the Dol Guldur battle.

Trying to think of other ways to get us info without directly asking. You could ask what his favorite set or scene he was in? might get something new out of that.

This is a direct question so I don't know if you should ask it but people have been curious about how similar Radagasts staff looks in comparison to Gandalfs staff in The Lord Of The Rings trilogy, dunno if you could get him to tell you if Radagast's staff some how ends up in the hands of Gandalf by the end of The Hobbit movies.

I know I'm going to think of better questions after this chance for some answers goes by Laugh

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 28 2012, 7:33am

Post #8 of 17 (288 views)
Shortcut
Here's 3 questions? [In reply to] Can't Post

What's it like
doing Mo-Cap?

Andy's the Master of Mo-Cap..so what
Has he..taught you about this techinque?

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 28 2012, 9:31am

Post #9 of 17 (238 views)
Shortcut
I'm confused - is McCoy doing any mo-cap? :-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 28 2012, 9:32am

Post #10 of 17 (253 views)
Shortcut
What is it like playing both Radagast and the Doctor? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are there any similarities between the two characters? Where would Radagast go, if he had a TARDIS?

malickfan
Gondor

Aug 28 2012, 10:24am

Post #11 of 17 (244 views)
Shortcut
How do you feel about taking on a role that wasn't present in the original story? [In reply to] Can't Post

And:

Reportedly you audtioned for both Lord of The Rings and King Kong-what is the attraction of working in such 'big films' and how do you feel about finally working with Peter Jackson?

‘As they came to the gates Cirdan the Shipwright came forth to greet them. Very tall he was, and his beard was long, and we was grey and old, save that his eyes were keen as stars; and he looked at them and bowed, and said ‘All is now ready.’

pettytyrant101
Lorien

Aug 28 2012, 12:06pm

Post #12 of 17 (230 views)
Shortcut
Not a Hobbit question but.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Its Doctor Who's 50th Anniversary next year- could you ask him if he will he be involved?

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 28 2012, 12:10pm

Post #13 of 17 (205 views)
Shortcut
And vice versa [In reply to] Can't Post

Which event in Middle-earth's history would the Doctor visit? Would he intervene?

Shelob'sAppetite
Valinor

Aug 28 2012, 1:40pm

Post #14 of 17 (206 views)
Shortcut
Sylvester's not doing any mo-cap [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 28 2012, 3:56pm

Post #15 of 17 (168 views)
Shortcut
Okay I'm maybe a little Too protective of Raddy [In reply to] Can't Post

Could be fun if he does A Spin and has Shape-Shifted?
Master of Deguise..his Wizard Powers are Fully revealed
Allowing our MovieWizards much...to play with?

Bomby

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 28 2012, 4:00pm

Post #16 of 17 (166 views)
Shortcut
That would probably just use CGI [In reply to] Can't Post

CGI will be needed for his Moth transformation Wink

Really excited to see Radagast in action!

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Aug 28 2012, 6:11pm

Post #17 of 17 (439 views)
Shortcut
I would ask him if he could confirm which of three films he is in [In reply to] Can't Post

He may be in all three. It is all well and good for IMdB to list that he's in all three, but some of the characters listed to be in film one are less than realistic prospects, such as Bard (no reason for him to be in film one unless it's at the very end).

I would also like him to *talk*about Radagast-After all, the cat's out of the bag! We know what he looks like and what PJ has planned for the character (i.e. he'll be eccentric, forgetful etc), and given that he's been shown in both the sets of footage the character isn't exactly a big secret anymore.

"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue, and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends."-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.