Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Many apologies.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Gondor

Aug 28 2012, 10:14pm

Views: 331
Shortcut
Many apologies. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll freely admit I've played my own part in this mess of late. Typically, I like to be respectful of other people's views and opinions of things and not let those opinions get to me in a negative way. I fear lately I've become a bit overzealous, however, in defending the LotR film adaptations against certain posters who may have been stating opposing views. My love of the trilogy has made this a very tempting thing to engage in, and I'm not particularly proud of myself. Everyone has the right to feel the way they feel, and it's not my place to try and convince them otherwise. Normally I'm quite good about this, but lately I feel like I've let my passions get the better of me.

This is overwhelmingly the most friendly board I've ever had the pleasure of frequenting, and that's been true since I started lurking back some ten years ago. I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Sincerely,

Aragorn the Elfstone

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Aug 28 2012, 10:16pm)

Subject User Time
How friendly are the forums? Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Aug 25 2012, 8:36pm
    TORN has been a very friendly place Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Aug 25 2012, 8:46pm
    Yeah, what Silverlode said! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Aug 26 2012, 12:09am
        Yeah, i was hoping this isnt the ''Norm''. TORN is a great place. Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Aug 26 2012, 12:23am
    Can't help but wonder SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 26 2012, 12:30am
        Oh no, not at all SirDennisC. Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Aug 26 2012, 12:36am
            I've not been here that long... Donry Send a private message to Donry Aug 26 2012, 6:22am
    My opinion DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Aug 26 2012, 9:21am
        I'm normaly friendly cameragod Send a private message to cameragod Aug 26 2012, 10:51am
            I take the silence as a form of agreement... SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Aug 26 2012, 2:09pm
                We need a icon cameragod Send a private message to cameragod Aug 26 2012, 6:35pm
                    We have one, kind of. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Aug 27 2012, 7:46pm
    I've been lurking around the edges for over ten years sevilodorf Send a private message to sevilodorf Aug 26 2012, 8:18pm
        Beyond The Illusion JWPlatt Aug 26 2012, 8:25pm
            The shining face, it burns us. DesiringDragons Send a private message to DesiringDragons Aug 26 2012, 8:37pm
                Whups, I think that should be "yellow face". DesiringDragons Send a private message to DesiringDragons Aug 26 2012, 9:05pm
        I'll admit grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Aug 26 2012, 8:56pm
    It is tricky to interpret blog posts sometimes Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Aug 26 2012, 9:16pm
    If you visit the other areas of TORn, RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Aug 27 2012, 8:02pm
    Many apologies. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Aug 28 2012, 10:14pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.