The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
The Hobbit items from United Cutlery

AlatarielNoldo
Bree

Aug 11 2012, 2:28pm

Post #1 of 12 (3062 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit items from United Cutlery Can't Post

This post goes along with another I made regarding UC re-releasing some LOTR items. For info on those see this post : UC re-releasing LOTR items.

Below is information regarding the UC release of The Hobbit items. Again, I have received this information as a heads up from Derek Smith at SmithBlades.com.

The Hobbit - Release
Gandalf Sword: Different plaque. Possible change in the blade decoration (i.e. laser etching) but not confirmed. No pricing yet, but likely around $179.
Sting Sword: This will be different than the Lord of the Rings Sting Sword (i.e. the laser etching would be different). No pricing yet but likely around $139.
Sting Scabbard: Not confirmed that it will be released in October, but one will definitely be made! No pricing yet, but likely around $79.

But in Lindon Gil-Galad still maintained his power, and Sauron dared not as yet to pass the Mountains of Ered Luin nor to assail the Havens.

[The Silmarillion: Of the Rings of Power and the Third Age]

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 11 2012, 2:37pm

Post #2 of 12 (2811 views)
Shortcut
Pricing not bad [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you AlatarielNoldo! If the prices stay around these, it shouldn't be too bad. Does this mean Glamdring may be inscriptionless as well?

ElendilTheShort
Gondor

Aug 11 2012, 8:54pm

Post #3 of 12 (2814 views)
Shortcut
Glamdring always had runes [In reply to] Can't Post

so hopefull they don't disappear. Went to Weta Cave yesterday, lots of new goodies including Orcrist and scabbard Master swordsmith collection, LOTR Stings Master swordsmith collection, Balins mace, Filis knife, Dwalins axes, as well as statues. New thread and photos later today with any luck.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 11 2012, 10:09pm

Post #4 of 12 (2786 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait! Thanks Elendil! / [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Aug 12 2012, 1:17am

Post #5 of 12 (2806 views)
Shortcut
Sounds so cool, wish i could go but photos are the next best thing :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

AlatarielNoldo
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 10:54am

Post #6 of 12 (2790 views)
Shortcut
Updated info and pre-sale starting... [In reply to] Can't Post

Got an email late yesterday from Derek at Smithblades saying that the pre-sale on Hobbit items has started. There are still no photos from UC as of yet, but he was able to pass along the following:

GANDALF THE GREY STAFF - DUE IN OCTOBER 1

Orcist – Sword of Thorin Oakenshield - DUE IN FEBRUARY 1, 2013
I

Sting – Sword of Bilbo Baggins - DUE IN DECEMBER 3, 2012

I

But in Lindon Gil-Galad still maintained his power, and Sauron dared not as yet to pass the Mountains of Ered Luin nor to assail the Havens.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Aug 28 2012, 4:38pm)

AlatarielNoldo
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 11:08am

Post #7 of 12 (2773 views)
Shortcut
More items.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I missed including these in the last post:

Sting Scabbard - DUE IN DECEMBER 31, 2012

Glamdring – Sword of Gandalf - DUE IN OCTOBER 1, 2012

(This post was edited by Altaira on Aug 28 2012, 4:39pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 24 2012, 12:02pm

Post #8 of 12 (2761 views)
Shortcut
I'm really pleased about the prices [In reply to] Can't Post

I was concerned that they would push them up by quite a bit more. I'm only really interested in Orcrist (for the time being Wink) so I can have Orcrist, Glamdring and Sting together.

AlatarielNoldo
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 12:17pm

Post #9 of 12 (2754 views)
Shortcut
I agree... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would really like to add Orcrist to my collection too Smile. The more I see of that sword, the more it makes me want it.

I should point out that since there was no mention of script etching for Glamdring and Sting, like there was for Orcrist, it appears those two items will not have any, unlike the LOTR versions.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 24 2012, 3:28pm

Post #10 of 12 (2742 views)
Shortcut
Seems to be the case. [In reply to] Can't Post

I won't be buying Sting and Glamdring again though. If I was rich, then possibly Wink. But I think it's pointless when I already have them.

The more I look at Gandalf's staff the more I want it as well... Crazy

AlatarielNoldo
Bree

Aug 24 2012, 5:00pm

Post #11 of 12 (2775 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn' buy them again either... [In reply to] Can't Post

especially if I had the ones with the script/runes on them like the LOTR ones do.

Just saw this on the Heirs of Durin website. They have a nice, no, great photo of Thorin holding Orcrist that I've never seen before.

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...in-character-big.jpg

Armitage said that Orcrist was heavy, now I can see why. It's a good size.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 24 2012, 5:08pm

Post #12 of 12 (2928 views)
Shortcut
Just great! One of the best swords out of all 6 films. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was always a bit miffed that they didn't make it look more like Glamdring, rather than Sting. But I still love it Cool . And I love the dragon tooth touch.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Aug 24 2012, 5:09pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.