Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Viggo Mortensen Limited Edition Photographs and other collectibles

irascian

Jul 29 2012, 12:38pm

Post #1 of 11 (289 views)
Shortcut
Viggo Mortensen Limited Edition Photographs and other collectibles Can't Post

I am moving house, after 30 years in London, in a couple of weeks and trying to whittle my LOTR collectibles down to a manageable size so that friends and family DON'T keep referring to my place as "The Lord of the Rings museum".

If any Londoners (I'm currently living in SW8) are interested in collectilbes let me know. I have already put an unopened United Cutlery "Sting" sword (in its original box) on ebay starting at 50 (currently USD 290 on amazon.com) but won't post the link here as I don't want to break any rules. I could put more stuff up there but my experience of eBay is that 50% of winning bidders turn out to be scammers who don't pay for their goods and stop replying to messages as soon as the bid is complete so I'm loathe to use them.

I have a LOT of the Sideshow Weta collectibles looking for good homes, but of most immediate concern are a couple of Viggo Mortenseon prints: one of Dom Monagham bare foot squatting on a snow-covered park bench with a beer in his hand, one of Elijah Wood asitting in the snow. Both taken when the actors were snowed in during the movie shoot and issued as limited edition (25 only) prints that were sold at an exhibition of Viggo's work in LA around the time of the movie releases. I've mislaid my tape measure but think they're about 15" square. They are both covered in glass and mounted on wood (I understand by Viggo himself) and signed by Viggo on the back and I have a certificate of authenticity for them. I seem to remember they cost USD800 each new but looking for ANY offers from interested parties at the moment before making a decision to sell.

If interested leave me a message here or email me direct at "ian at iansmith dot co dot uk" (replacing the at with an @ and the dot with a . and removing the space ;-))
Cheers,
Ian

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 29 2012, 1:00pm

Post #2 of 11 (83 views)
Shortcut
Hi irascian :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't collect any of the WETA stuff, but out of interest, do you have any other United Cutlery swords? Smile

irascian

Jul 29 2012, 1:14pm

Post #3 of 11 (81 views)
Shortcut
Other swords [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm afraid not. "Sting" was the only one I bought. A wise move since it's sat unopened for most of the last 11 years, LOL

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 29 2012, 1:23pm

Post #4 of 11 (75 views)
Shortcut
thanks for the heads up [In reply to] Can't Post

whilst i can only but try to understand what it may feel like to be doing what you are i can only but be interested, sting is something i will defo keep and eye on!.

im not too far from london, more getting the time to get down.

its a shame you didnt have any more swords as they are the main interest, along with noble collection items and armour

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 29 2012, 6:03pm

Post #5 of 11 (68 views)
Shortcut
ebay [In reply to] Can't Post

you'r not lying why you say that thing is new! looks like you have just got it delivered!

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 29 2012, 6:23pm

Post #6 of 11 (73 views)
Shortcut
hey, I know who you are! [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember reading and referencing some of your reports and articles.

http://www.iansmith.co.uk/lotr/weblogs.htm

I'm afraid I'm poor and live in my own little crowded house full of Tolkien (and other) items. So I can't express interest in much. Especially considering overseas shipping.

I don't think you'll break any rules linking to ebay. Bot that I'm a mod but I think lots of others - both sellers and people browsing - have provided links.

Good luck.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 29 2012, 6:32pm

Post #7 of 11 (97 views)
Shortcut
I use Ebay alot, its fine these days, and do you have many signed items? [In reply to] Can't Post

Ebay is a good place to buy and sell these days, i wouldnt worry about non payment etc.

I would be intrested in some signed items if you have them, could you expand a little bit on the signed items you have in your collection? The Viggo photos you have sound amazing, but way out of my price range i would guess. But would be intrested to hear what else you have. Im in the UK, so shipping etc wouldnt be a problem.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

irascian

Jul 29 2012, 7:01pm

Post #8 of 11 (65 views)
Shortcut
Signed Photos [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll reply on Wednesday if that's OK. Got a whole bunch of eBay items (nothing to do with LOTR) closing today and need to sort those out and get them posted first and it will take a while to work out what I've got that's signed and what isn't. Mostly my own photos at A4 size signed but to me personally. Got one that I bought years ago on Ebay featuring the Argonath (framed A4) with the signatures of most of the fellowship that I'd be happy to let go I guess. Other than that it's stuff like glossy A3 New Line prints (eg Gollum, Billy Boyd in a tree) but they're signed to me personally so not much use to anyone else I don't think.

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 29 2012, 7:18pm

Post #9 of 11 (65 views)
Shortcut
Ah i see, thank you for the info. You should keep them! [In reply to] Can't Post

Its always nice to have a autograph made out to you personally. I'd keep them if i were you.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

irascian

Jul 29 2012, 8:06pm

Post #10 of 11 (68 views)
Shortcut
Ebay don't allow "swords and knives" [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes that's me.

Alas I can't post an ebay link because they've taken the listing down and given me a black mark because apparently it violates their "knives and swords" policy which I signed up to when I posted there. This is an item that Amazon sell, but what can you do? I loathe ebay and paypal with a vengeance but monopolies are very hard to defeat.

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 29 2012, 8:19pm

Post #11 of 11 (128 views)
Shortcut
is that a UK thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

because I did a search for the item hoping to find your ebay listing but I only got up US listings. And there listings for that sword on eBay here in the US.

but then, it wouldn't surprise me that the US allows 'weapons' to be sold when the UK doesn't.

I had a friend who had trouble going into Canada with his sgian-dubh and that was years ago. I wonder what restrictions there are on those while dressed in traditional Scottish garb these days.

I've only bought one item on eBay and had my husband do that for me (he looks for old Corvair parts). It's not my scene and I'm not keen on paypal, either.

In the US, Amazon has added a button to most items: "Have one to sell?" It's under the Add to Cart / Add to Wishlist box.

Do you have that for weapons like this on Amazon.uk?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.