Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
is that a UK thing?

Magpie
Immortal

Jul 29 2012, 8:19pm

Views: 97
Shortcut
is that a UK thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

because I did a search for the item hoping to find your ebay listing but I only got up US listings. And there listings for that sword on eBay here in the US.

but then, it wouldn't surprise me that the US allows 'weapons' to be sold when the UK doesn't.

I had a friend who had trouble going into Canada with his sgian-dubh and that was years ago. I wonder what restrictions there are on those while dressed in traditional Scottish garb these days.

I've only bought one item on eBay and had my husband do that for me (he looks for old Corvair parts). It's not my scene and I'm not keen on paypal, either.

In the US, Amazon has added a button to most items: "Have one to sell?" It's under the Add to Cart / Add to Wishlist box.

Do you have that for weapons like this on Amazon.uk?

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Subject User Time
Viggo Mortensen Limited Edition Photographs and other collectibles irascian Send a private message to irascian Jul 29 2012, 12:38pm
    Hi irascian :-) DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 29 2012, 1:00pm
        Other swords irascian Send a private message to irascian Jul 29 2012, 1:14pm
    thanks for the heads up chrisrafaman Send a private message to chrisrafaman Jul 29 2012, 1:23pm
    ebay chrisrafaman Send a private message to chrisrafaman Jul 29 2012, 6:03pm
    hey, I know who you are! Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jul 29 2012, 6:23pm
        Ebay don't allow "swords and knives" irascian Send a private message to irascian Jul 29 2012, 8:06pm
            is that a UK thing? Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jul 29 2012, 8:19pm
    I use Ebay alot, its fine these days, and do you have many signed items? Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Jul 29 2012, 6:32pm
        Signed Photos irascian Send a private message to irascian Jul 29 2012, 7:01pm
            Ah i see, thank you for the info. You should keep them! Gorbag Send a private message to Gorbag Jul 29 2012, 7:18pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.