Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
United Cutlery Swords

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 28 2012, 6:44pm

Post #1 of 21 (351 views)
Shortcut
United Cutlery Swords Can't Post

hello everyone. im really new to this so note sure if i have posted in the right place. im trying to get hold of some of the old UC swords, mostly the rare swords like the shards and LE anduril.

if anyone has anything they want to get rid of i live in the uk and willing to offer Smile

also if i have posted in the wrong place im sorry, dont judge me Sly

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 28 2012, 6:54pm

Post #2 of 21 (117 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORn chrisrafaman! [In reply to] Can't Post

You've posted in the exact right place, so no need to worry! Wink

We occasionally have people come here to sell their United Cutlery swords - although I don't think I've ever see any of the rarer ones come up (otherwise I would have bought them myself Tongue). Have you started searching on ebay (or variations, like gumtree)? They're always good places to start. American ebay is always usually better for these kind of things - but I have no idea anymore about weapon imports into the UK Crazy. I think there have been changes to weapon imports since the trilogy. Best to stay with people selling in the UK.

Good luck with your search Smile.

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 28 2012, 7:03pm

Post #3 of 21 (117 views)
Shortcut
thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

thanks for the info, was on gumtree and missed out on the shards by like a day Mad was gutted but there we are.

i shall have to keep looking but english ebay does not let you by or sell swords anymore.

i live and hope

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 28 2012, 7:09pm

Post #4 of 21 (109 views)
Shortcut
Really? When did this come in? [In reply to] Can't Post

i shall have to keep looking but english ebay does not let you by or sell swords anymore.

Gutted!

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 28 2012, 7:13pm

Post #5 of 21 (106 views)
Shortcut
not sure [In reply to] Can't Post

apparently i was told that there is uk ruling as of the start of this year that swords cant be bought over the internet. shocker

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 28 2012, 7:21pm

Post #6 of 21 (108 views)
Shortcut
I'll have to look into this... [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought Glamdring off of ebay a couple of months ago. But I've just gone on ebay, and searched united cutlery swords and nothing comes up. How will I get Orcrist Shocked

A quick google search doesn't really give any answers.

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 28 2012, 7:24pm

Post #7 of 21 (102 views)
Shortcut
found this [In reply to] Can't Post

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/New-UK-Sword-Legislation-FAQ?ugid=10000000006500890

i managed to find this, don't think its a problem having them its buying them if there over a certain length......

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 28 2012, 7:27pm

Post #8 of 21 (160 views)
Shortcut
Thanks chrisrafaman [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry for taking your thread off-topic Wink

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 28 2012, 7:41pm

Post #9 of 21 (126 views)
Shortcut
your welcome [In reply to] Can't Post

haha thats fine Smile

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 28 2012, 11:43pm

Post #10 of 21 (134 views)
Shortcut
They are getting harder and harder go get, be prepared to pay alot for one. Sadly. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was lucky enough to get Sting and the scabbard early on. Sadly, the prices for most of them are alot higher than they were. I can only imagine the price of the swords linked to The Hobbit like Sting and Glamdring are going to sky-rocket.

As has been mentioned, people on here sell them now and again, but personally i couldnt bare to part with Sting.

Best of luck to you in your search for one, and if i see any on the net somewhere ill let you know.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 28 2012, 11:50pm

Post #11 of 21 (117 views)
Shortcut
Found a site that has some, dont know if its any use to you. [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.blades-uk.com/..._items.php?cat_id=10

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve. - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 28 2012, 11:54pm

Post #12 of 21 (92 views)
Shortcut
I can vouch for this website too / [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Jul 29 2012, 12:44am

Post #13 of 21 (115 views)
Shortcut
I have a sting and its scabbard somewhere! [In reply to] Can't Post

Its at my parents house in the loft i think. Good to know it is not going to go down in value!

Gorbag
Rivendell

Jul 29 2012, 1:03am

Post #14 of 21 (105 views)
Shortcut
Keep it secret! Keep it safe! [In reply to] Can't Post

Around the release of The Hobbit alot of people will be after Sting, its the same for alot of stuff linked to The Hobbit. The United Cutlery Sting is such a wonderfully made sword, i love it. I wouldnt part with it, no matter the price!

But you are right, its nice to know they arent going down in value.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 29 2012, 9:17am

Post #15 of 21 (80 views)
Shortcut
Unless it was the one you used to attack trees with ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 29 2012, 9:21am

Post #16 of 21 (94 views)
Shortcut
thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

il look into that site, they have some nice items.

anything lotr i'm a sucker for i must have around 5 different versions of the books Tongue

think i have a problem, however i would give alot to get hold of the shards or LE anduril there stunning to look at.

irascian

Jul 29 2012, 12:49pm

Post #17 of 21 (83 views)
Shortcut
Sting [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just posted a thread "Viggo Mortensen Photographs and other Collectibles" that you might want to look at. The only item I've actually advertised so far (on eBay) is an unwrapped "Sting" which I started at 50 and has 7 days to run. If you're near London and interested in any collectibles might be worth you popping around as my place is constantly referred to as "The Lord of the Rings museum" by friends and family ;-)

I'm in SW8, about 10 minutes walk from Vauxhall station (national rail and Victoria line) or Stockwell (Northern line)

Ian

imin
Valinor

Jul 29 2012, 1:38pm

Post #18 of 21 (90 views)
Shortcut
Sting got to attack watermelons, lol [In reply to] Can't Post

The Witch-kings sword was used more for chopping the garden, though both were used a little i think. sting got to stab an old pillow if i remember rightly, haha.

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 29 2012, 2:01pm

Post #19 of 21 (86 views)
Shortcut
HAHA [In reply to] Can't Post

i can only using the witchkings sword would make you feel pretty invincible!

reags
Rivendell

Jul 29 2012, 11:48pm

Post #20 of 21 (75 views)
Shortcut
Oooo [In reply to] Can't Post

I've got my Hadhafang up on eBay at present, though I'm in Australia so postage would be a bummer...

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson."

chrisrafaman
The Shire

Jul 30 2012, 11:34am

Post #21 of 21 (152 views)
Shortcut
sting sword [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry to be a bummer but i think that your sting may have been removed by ebay, pm me if your interested in getting shot of it though.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.