Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Sorry about the earworm!

DesiringDragons
Lorien

Jul 31 2012, 3:05pm

Views: 169
Shortcut
Sorry about the earworm! [In reply to] Can't Post

Though you did start it. ;)

That's an excellent point about Gandalf and puts paid to my quasi-theory. In the bit you've quoted, I do quite like the sense that Thorin and Gandalf are both fond of being the one to find out important things. We'd expect that of Thorin, but it humanizes Gandalf to see that he's not above the occasional display of ego or frustration, which is rather charming. And he does like making a show sometimes (the fireworks in the Shire).

And yes, you're right, this does tie back in to your earlier remarks about fate and luck.

Thank you for your kind statement at the end! I really appreciate that.

Subject User Time
The Hobbit chapter 3: "A Short Rest" discussion pt.3 Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Jul 28 2012, 3:34am
    Thoughts. Curious Send a private message to Curious Jul 28 2012, 1:46pm
        As you say SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jul 28 2012, 6:52pm
    Late answers sador Send a private message to sador Jul 30 2012, 11:53am
    Some brief responses... DesiringDragons Send a private message to DesiringDragons Jul 30 2012, 1:27pm
        "kind as summer" -- I love that phrase too. Simple and unique.// CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jul 30 2012, 5:28pm
        What if? Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Jul 31 2012, 3:15am
            I wondered that also! // DesiringDragons Send a private message to DesiringDragons Jul 31 2012, 2:56pm
        "if things are meant to happen, they do happen." SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jul 31 2012, 6:26am
            Sorry about the earworm! DesiringDragons Send a private message to DesiringDragons Jul 31 2012, 3:05pm
    Was the inscription rune'd? dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Jul 30 2012, 11:25pm
        Ha! Finding Frodo Send a private message to Finding Frodo Jul 31 2012, 3:20am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.