Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who would you be in Fictionland?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Who would you be in Fictionland?
The hero 3 / 7%
The anti-hero 2 / 4%
The trusty sidekick 12 / 26%
The wise old mentor 4 / 9%
The comic relief 4 / 9%
The love interest 0 / 0%
The smart guy doing the planning 3 / 7%
The big guy doing the fighting 2 / 4%
The loner working alone 5 / 11%
The morally ambiguous wildcard 3 / 7%
A mook 0 / 0%
A neutral spectator 2 / 4%
The survivalist collaborating with the villain out of selfish interest 0 / 0%
The passionate minion loyal to the bad guy out of ideology 0 / 0%
The passionate female minion loayl to the bad guy out of love 1 / 2%
The villain 0 / 0%
The snarky only sane man facepalming at all the above 3 / 7%
Other 2 / 4%
46 total votes

zarabia
Grey Havens

Aug 9 2012, 7:00am

Post #26 of 32 (149 views)
Shortcut
Yes, good call! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not familiar with most of the women you mention, but Scully is one of my all time favorite characters. Love the whole Scully and Mulder dynamic/relationship.

Annael
Half-elven

Aug 9 2012, 3:12pm

Post #27 of 32 (161 views)
Shortcut
it's a trend I'm liking very much [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a blog about movies, and I wrote a post about this yesterday. It explains who all the characters I mention above are.

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 9 2012, 3:55pm

Post #28 of 32 (119 views)
Shortcut
Just subscribed to this blog. :-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Annael
Half-elven

Aug 9 2012, 7:05pm

Post #29 of 32 (163 views)
Shortcut
thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm teaching a class this fall on mythic & archetypal themes in film so thought I should have a blog.

GAndyalf
Valinor

Aug 12 2012, 2:16am

Post #30 of 32 (137 views)
Shortcut
Fun question! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to respond to this thread because someone I consider a dear friend made it.

Zodiacally I'm a Gemini which suits me for most of the roles on this list. I have the heart of a hero, but not the steadfastness. I have the distrust of the 'status quo' of the anti-hero, but not the bitterness. I have the loyalty of the trusty sidekick, but not the lack of initiative. I'm a natural strategist as the wise old mentor, but no 'victories' to my credit. I have the intellect for the comic relief, but not the timing. I have the passion for the love interest but not the charisma or looks. I suppose I could be the smart guy who does the planning - especially for the villain (you know, the guy whose genius is exploited by the one with the vision/deviousness to carry it through), though my heart isn't in it. I've never been the big guy who does the fighting as I'm perfectly average physically, but it doesn't appeal to me anyway as I've always worshipped wisdom rather than brawn. I could be the loner, but I'm very social so it would be strange circumstances that would cast me there. I'm intrigued by the "morally ambiguous wildcard" because of an anime that I was introduced to some 20 years ago called Shinjuku: The Demon City. If you get the chance watch this and pay attention to the character of Mephisto. Fascinating study of this type of character in a tale. I'm too strong of a personality to be a mook. A general for either side, yes, a mook, not me. I'm never neutral about anything. If I have information I form an opinion and act on my opinions. I could see being the survivalist collaborating because I've been tricked or mis-informed but never solely out of self-interest. I could see myself being the passionate minion out of either ideology or to the FEMALE bad-girl-leader out of love! ;P I've played the villain back in my thespian days. I like the role as long as it has depth. A villain should ALWAYS challenge mores regardless of the outcome. Never be snarky about a story. Stories are what makes humanity occasionally rise above itself in majesty.

So if I vote with my head I'm likely the mentor or smart guy, if I vote with my heart I'm the hero.

Laitholiel_the_SeaElf
Lorien

Aug 19 2012, 3:00am

Post #31 of 32 (93 views)
Shortcut
Gotta be the hero. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Ruinwen
Rivendell

Aug 27 2012, 3:34am

Post #32 of 32 (237 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

It's always really difficult to imagine what you'd do in a situation you've never had to face in reality. There are so many variables to consider.

I think I'd be the person running between parties, trying, until the very last minute, to sort things out amicably and stop conflict wherever possible.

Then if everyone insisted on fighting, I'd probably be the person who's too lazy to take sides and is trying to keep out of it.

Then, if I was personally threatened or just pissed off enough, I'd be a mad berserker with complete disregard for my own safety, and probably be killed relatively quickly by someone a little more level-headed.

So....Other.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.