Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Demons of the Ancient World: Balrog of Moria versus Chernabog

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jun 16 2012, 2:15pm

Post #1 of 4 (503 views)
Shortcut
Demons of the Ancient World: Balrog of Moria versus Chernabog Can't Post

Chernabog is the canonical name of the winged demon that appears in the Disney movie Fantasia in the "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence. http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Chernabog Might just be the coolest Disney villain-monster of all time.

Versus Durin's Bane, which one wins in a one on one fight? Place your bets.

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...rum.cgi?post=424021;

imin
Valinor

Jun 16 2012, 2:25pm

Post #2 of 4 (86 views)
Shortcut
Does the Balrog have wings? [In reply to] Can't Post

As that would change who is more likely to win in a battle i guess.

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Jun 16 2012, 2:40pm

Post #3 of 4 (77 views)
Shortcut
whether Balrog has wings or not... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cherny has wings but in his movie he does not use them. Same goes for Bally, in his movie, although the wings are admittedly very vague and shadowy.

In videogame adaptations, Bally uses his wings to take long jumps. I would guess Cherny could at least do the same. I'm not sure Cherny has ever been portrayed as using his wings to fly. I haven't played the Kingdom Hearts games. The Disney wiki page that I linked to previously does not list flying as one of Cherny's powers.

The classic "does Bally have wings" question, which is only limited to the books, should not matter here. All portrayals are included for this discussion, and he has wings in the movies and games. The "can he fly?" question may matter, though--but the same question should be asked of Cherny, so it equals out.

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...rum.cgi?post=424021;

(This post was edited by Ruxendil_Thoorg on Jun 16 2012, 2:43pm)

BeornBerserker
Lorien

Jun 18 2012, 12:59pm

Post #4 of 4 (297 views)
Shortcut
Toss up [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.