Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Is RotK at RCMH a lost cause?

Elizabeth
Valinor

Jun 16 2012, 3:06am

Post #1 of 4 (325 views)
Shortcut
Is RotK at RCMH a lost cause? Can't Post

For the past year and a half we've been occasionally teased with rumors that an announcement would "come soon." This web site still holds out hope, but RCMH's official web site claims to go through the end of the year, with no mention. True, there's nothing scheduled in October after the 9th, but with the Christmas Spectacular starting Nov. 9 they may be rehearsing.

Magpie, what do you hear?

Sign up now in the Reading Room for discussions of The Hobbit, scheduled for July 9-Nov. 18!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 16 2012, 3:23am

Post #2 of 4 (100 views)
Shortcut
I hear nothing. [In reply to] Can't Post

There is no answer to your question other than to say 'there is no news'. Which can, imo, only be extrapolated to 'No ROTK RCMH in 2012'

So if you mean is it a lost cause for 2012, I'd say yes. I'm not sure that means it's a lost cause period.

I wonder if they want to coordinate it with the Hobbit releases in some way. And also, Shore tends to be fairly involved in a lot of these and he may just be unavailable right now.

The 21st Century Orchestra is booked for October, November, and December.
http://www.21co.ch/...hp?navanchor=1010003

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Elizabeth
Valinor

Jun 16 2012, 5:07am

Post #3 of 4 (100 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. I guess. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was really looking forward to this concert. Frown

Sign up now in the Reading Room for discussions of The Hobbit, scheduled for July 9-Nov. 18!

Elizabeth is the TORnsib formerly known as 'erather'

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 17 2012, 4:08pm

Post #4 of 4 (262 views)
Shortcut
Next year [In reply to] Can't Post

at least that is what Ludwig Wicky and Katelyn Luske answered when I asked them last weekend.

They were in The Netherlands for The Two Towers. And after the concert they were signing autographs, so I had to ask them.

They both said hopefully next year. They really enjoyed the concerts in New York and hoped to return there next year.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. I do want to finish the trilogy in New York.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.