Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Are you planning on buying/collecting any Hobbit merchandise?...
Poll: Are you planning on buying/collecting any Hobbit merchandise?...
Definitely yes...we wantssss the precioussss! 8 / 24%
Yes, so that I can hoard it away until it skyrockets in value & I can make hefty profit. 0 / 0%
Maybe... if it's not too cheesy and worthy of my hard-earned money. 6 / 18%
Some things, yes... but I'm not going overboard or over-budget. 13 / 39%
No... it's just a bunch of junk to clutter up my world. 5 / 15%
Uh... there's merchandise tied to this thing?! 0 / 0%
I don't get this collecting thing... what's that all about? 1 / 3%
Other... 0 / 0%
33 total votes

diedye
Grey Havens

Jun 6 2012, 6:02pm

Post #1 of 13 (361 views)
Shortcut
Are you planning on buying/collecting any Hobbit merchandise?... Can't Post

I love my LOTR collection and I may get some stuff from The Hobbit, although I doubt I'll be as enthusiastic about it as I was with its predecessor (I'm not much of a dwarf girl, myself... more of a Man-of-Gondor kinda woman Heart ). But I do plan on getting the Hallmark Gandalf ornament to match the one I got for LOTR, along with the Frodo one.

Hmmm... I wonder there will be a Bilbo one next year.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:04pm

Post #2 of 13 (103 views)
Shortcut
I will [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a sucker for merchandise (even the naff stuff...), and my family know it. Looking forward to this Christmas Wink

It's whether I can afford it or not!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:25pm

Post #3 of 13 (138 views)
Shortcut
Is that Tolkien guy going to do the novelization again? [In reply to] Can't Post

The last time he left a lot of the movies out and added a bunch of his own made up stuff. Though it was kinda cool getting a different viewpoint of Jackson's Middle-earth.

So I'll probably buy the novelization, and also other books like the movie art, the making of, the geography of, etc., and the different dvds (TR, EE,EEE, National Georgraphic Special, 24fps, 48fps, 3-D, 2-D, Scratch-and-Sniff, etc.). Maybe the calendar.

I don't see me buying the action figures or the cardboard stand-ups.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:28pm

Post #4 of 13 (97 views)
Shortcut
Scratch n Sniff ... you pulling our legs?! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:32pm

Post #5 of 13 (125 views)
Shortcut
You never scratched and sniffed your dvds? [In reply to] Can't Post

Mmmmm! Plasticky!

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jun 6 2012, 6:34pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 6:36pm

Post #6 of 13 (134 views)
Shortcut
I thought I was missing exclusive merchandise! haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Scratch n Sniff Gollum .... Unimpressed

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jun 6 2012, 7:17pm

Post #7 of 13 (88 views)
Shortcut
I'll definitely buy some [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm hoping the Noble Collection is back in the game as I really love their LOTR merchandise. But it seems like they make fewer and fewer replicas these days for any given franchise. I've been sorely hoping for some good Game of Thrones pieces, so I hope they go overboard again with TH and offer every conceivable item under the sun for me to choose from Cool

Turambar
Bree

Jun 6 2012, 7:23pm

Post #8 of 13 (89 views)
Shortcut
Figures for definite [In reply to] Can't Post

With any luck, there will be a range of 6" figures available for the two films much like the ones ToyBiz produced for LoTR. They were great figures to collect, and really were well crafted and detailed pieces. In fact, I still have all the ones I collected from LoTR in my room all lined up along a shelf, about 50 or so of them (costing me roughly 300 to do so by my calulations).

I'd love to be able to have another set of figures for TH, with all 13 dwarves, Bilbo, Gandalf and all the rest. Best start saving now I think. Thank goodness I have a job this time around ha. To think as well, it was my 11th birthday when I recieved my first LoTR figure (Saruman, with the Palantir by the way) and I will be almost 22 by the time these figures hopefully will be in the shops.

imin
Valinor

Jun 6 2012, 7:51pm

Post #9 of 13 (87 views)
Shortcut
I voted no [In reply to] Can't Post

Though i don't think its naff/tacky or clutter just i am not into collecting the movie merchandise as i'm more into collecting the books and when i can afford it Tolkien artwork.

I did collect for a time the LOTR merchandise when i was younger such as the witch kings sword and bilbo's sword and scabbard. I also still have on my parents loft/attic about ten posters from the three movies.

For me if i did collect both the books and movie merchandise i would a) have no room in my flat to live and b) have absolutely no money at all as i don't even have any now!

If i were to get any it would be a sword as i think they look cool or the calendar - though i don't think that is really tied into the movie merchandise as it came before that.

Magpie
Immortal

Jun 7 2012, 2:27am

Post #10 of 13 (154 views)
Shortcut
as we say here in Minnesootah [In reply to] Can't Post

Ja.

Sure.

You betcha.

But I like small things and ephemera. Small figures. Candy wrappers. Popcorn bags. Bookmarks. etc.

RosieLass
Valinor

Jun 7 2012, 2:51pm

Post #11 of 13 (83 views)
Shortcut
Nope. [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't buy any of the LOTR junk, and I don't plan to get any Hobbit junk either.

It's all just stuff that has to be moved to be dusted under.

Finwe
Lorien

Jun 7 2012, 4:39pm

Post #12 of 13 (87 views)
Shortcut
Not a collector [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't have the money to buy everything and once I started, I wouldn't be able to stop.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Jun 7 2012, 9:14pm

Post #13 of 13 (226 views)
Shortcut
Certainly not to the extent that I did for LotR [In reply to] Can't Post

And I wasn't nearly as enthusiastic even then as some folks here ;-) But if Burger King does some kind of tie-in, I'll probably have to get those. I still have my goblets and the BK crown with the ringspell on it, and my circle of figurines. I don't suppose I'll be getting any life-sized standees this time, though. On the other hand, I'll probably get the picture books and a journal, if they do one. I loved the "There and Back Again" red journal and used it for a dream diary for several years, and was really sorry I hadn't bought more of them.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.