Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
7th vlog is now on!!!
First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jun 15 2012, 3:40pm

Post #351 of 353 (11393 views)
Shortcut
reply to sinister71 [In reply to] Can't Post

To wish for TH to be perfect is wrong because your idea of perfection for these stories is different than any other fan...than pjs, than minde, than trip traps...

Well, even if it was like that, its seems to me to be a waste of ones time to be constantly on the trigger to the point that it becomes almost a habit..
And some people dont enjoy what they consider to be a broken record speech and get tired of it...

Im sorry to say but i also share some of triptrap's thoughts on this...sometimes i just skip over your posts because i already know what youre saying and the way youre saying it... You just seem to know so much about the hows and whys of these movies ...but thats premature to me..

Still, to widhold judgement after the TH comes out seems ot be the most coherent attitude...while maintaining a mild optimism or pessimism accordingly to your appreciation of pjs work...

Exactly they could be true..we just dont know...to hear negativity all the time, seems to me, to be more understandable after the "could" changes to IS true...

PS:i enjoy your new image

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Jun 17 2012, 6:55pm

Post #352 of 353 (11370 views)
Shortcut
well when all I see are constant changes [In reply to] Can't Post

its hard NOT to be negative for someone who loves the source material, which I never claimed to love more than anyone else by the way I guess people just interpret the book and its tone differently... I guess I am just more vocal about hating some of the changes more than most. the book followed a certain lovable pattern and flowed well because of the way it was written and the tone Tolkien set throughout. Changing the meaning and tone of a scene that effects other scenes later in the film should have been thought out a bit more instead of just making it an action packed scene with none of the tone of the original...

people wonder how can you say that for sure... well lets see in the book... Bilbo seals the dwarfs in barrels, waits for the elves to push them out of a trap door, forgets about himself, and in an act of desperation jumps through the trap door at the last second. the barrels float down the river, with Bilbo riding on top of a barrel struggling to stay on. The barrels are gathered by the raft elves who then guide them to Laketown where they are left and Bilbo lets out the dwarfs under cover of night, and the dwarfs walk into Laketown where Thorin announces his return, is taken to the master of Laketown where at this time the raft elves protest and tell the master of Laketown they are Thranduil's prisoners....

As far as what we have seen so far the barrels are open, the dwarfs are hanging out talking and yelling going down roaring rapids, Bilbo is in a barrel as well. people don't want to hear you can't open a barrel going down roaring rapids. there has been no sign of closed barrels, no sign of raft elves, if the dwarfs arrive in open barrels of Laketown does that not change Bilbo letting them out and his not knowing if they had drown or not? wouldn't someone notice open barrels with dwarfs in them floating up to Laketown?

I'm reserving judgment until I see the films of course but the changes can't be denied... well I guess it can by those willing to accept anything put in front of them, or those who are willing to be so optimistic they are blind to the changes or those who just don't care that the movies are so different from the book... all of which is everyones right.... I'm not pointing fingers at anyone just pointing out attitudes that have been expressed... So i apologize to all who think I am just being negative thats not my intent my intent is to point out changes that aren't necessary and point out changes to those who refuse to see the changes. I've come to terms with this is going to be a film "loosely based" on the Hobbit book and will never compare to the original

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jun 17 2012, 7:04pm

Post #353 of 353 (11721 views)
Shortcut
I wasn't into LotR until after the movies... [In reply to] Can't Post

So when I get annoyed about a change in The Hobbit I think of how I may have reacted to hearing about things in LotR - like the Moria goblins can climb walls and ceilings, the whole staircase sequence, Radagast being replaced by a moth. They really need to be seen in context to understand how they work. I know you said you're reserving your judgement, I'm just sharing my thoughts.

"...For if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth"

First page Previous page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.