Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Vote for LotR over Star Wars as best film franchise ever!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

May 31 2012, 6:43pm

Post #26 of 34 (259 views)
Shortcut
IMO [In reply to] Can't Post

SW is more "fun" while LotR is more grand/epic/emotional/immersive.

However, agreed that the Prof's books are certainly even more of all those things than the films. Wink

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, with axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

May 31 2012, 6:44pm

Post #27 of 34 (239 views)
Shortcut
Forth Ringerlingas!! ;P // [In reply to] Can't Post

2. Use not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, with axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

imin
Valinor

Jun 2 2012, 8:51am

Post #28 of 34 (226 views)
Shortcut
Normally agree with pretty much everything you write [In reply to] Can't Post

But this time i had to vote for LOTR over star wars. For me it could be down to i was not alive when Star Wars came out and so they were already massive when i watched them and i had so much expectation for them. The only good star wars film is the empire strikes back whereas the LOTR all three are good, although FOTR is excellent. So for me its 3 films to 1 making LOTR the better franchise.

Obviously many people will disagree with this but the wooden acting, terrible cgi (way before my time), terrible dialogue just makes it hard to like them.

I think they should have put the alien franchise up there as well. Alien and Aliens are both really great with good acting and have distinct identities - as everyone knows different actors.

GothmogTheBalrog
Rivendell

Jun 2 2012, 7:40pm

Post #29 of 34 (216 views)
Shortcut
I'm not voting [In reply to] Can't Post

Star Wars = #1 Sci-fi.
LotR = #1 Fantasy.

Take that, ya punks!

"It was like a great shadow, in the middle of which was a dark form, of man shape maybe, yet greater; and a power and terror seemed to be in it and go before it." ~FotR

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

Jun 3 2012, 2:26pm

Post #30 of 34 (206 views)
Shortcut
Star Trek [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To

I wouldn't expect the opinions from this forum or others to be objective because the poll is highly self-selecting. i.e., Star Trek would win on a Star Trek forum. ;)

Star Trek would have won if somebody had alerted George Takei on Facebook in time.

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

Noel Q. von Schneiffel
Rivendell

Jun 3 2012, 2:33pm

Post #31 of 34 (200 views)
Shortcut
My vote [In reply to] Can't Post

I voted for Star Wars, of course, because Peter Jackson's films are blasphemy and not true to the books.

However, my vote was cancelled out because my worst friend, Bqggz the Orc, hacked into my computer again and voted for Lord of the Rings. He is, I am loth to say it, an existential maniac.

The Glorious Truth of J.R.R. Tolkien
Radiates from his Holy Writings

http://www.tolkientruth.info/

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jun 5 2012, 6:10pm

Post #32 of 34 (178 views)
Shortcut
Lol! ;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty
Immortal

Jun 6 2012, 10:26am

Post #33 of 34 (218 views)
Shortcut
Done. Now let me go find another computer where I can vote again. [In reply to] Can't Post

and again.

Permanent address: Into the West

Tolkien Forever
Gondor

Jun 8 2012, 8:55pm

Post #34 of 34 (280 views)
Shortcut
Why? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Star Wars is the better 'franchise'.

The Ultimate Tolkien Trivia Quiz: http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=so-you-want-to-be-tolkien-geek

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.