Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
geordie spent about an hour on JH's site...

Bombadil
Valinor

May 28 2012, 10:49am

Views: 162
Shortcut
geordie spent about an hour on JH's site... [In reply to] Can't Post

I had been there before
but Not as long as this time
He mentioned the Golden Age of Illustration

but no specific reference to Parrish ...

The Beaux's Art and Art Nevo periods at the turn of the 20th century
was Pervasive... on both sides of the Atlantic
in particular before the WW1...so I was TRYING to put anyone of you
in "The Shoes of a sensitive Bookish...teenager"...named
Tolkien...

(This post was edited by Bombadil on May 28 2012, 10:55am)

Subject User Time
Maxfield Parrish & Tolkien? Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 23 2012, 5:12pm
    Hi, Bomby geordie Send a private message to geordie May 23 2012, 5:33pm
        Very geometric and pictorial... sador Send a private message to sador May 23 2012, 6:33pm
            go to... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 23 2012, 7:02pm
    Was Parrish published in England during his most influential period? squire Send a private message to squire May 25 2012, 2:14am
        Tolkien's drawings (some of them) remind me of... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie May 25 2012, 3:32am
        Page 171 of my Book says... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 25 2012, 3:40am
            thanks for the quote Magpie Send a private message to Magpie May 25 2012, 3:51am
                Magpie...you are Mathom..of...the Highest Order Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 25 2012, 4:11am
                From my own point of view - geordie Send a private message to geordie May 25 2012, 12:27pm
                    He does strike me as appealing more to American tastes... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie May 25 2012, 1:19pm
            You don't cut pictures out of books, do you? geordie Send a private message to geordie May 25 2012, 12:26pm
                Okay..believe what yu want... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 25 2012, 3:10pm
                    Bomby Failed ta Mention... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 25 2012, 6:32pm
                        Here ya go, Bomby! Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone May 25 2012, 6:51pm
                            DarkDude ...of ALL of TORn... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 25 2012, 10:53pm
                    It's not a matter of belief - geordie Send a private message to geordie May 25 2012, 9:35pm
                        I Think this theory about Parrish's Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 26 2012, 10:38pm
                            My first question to John Howe geordie Send a private message to geordie May 27 2012, 9:49am
                            John Howe's website geordie Send a private message to geordie May 27 2012, 9:58am
                                geordie spent about an hour on JH's site... Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil May 28 2012, 10:49am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.