Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Thanks!

3Foot6

Oct 2 2007, 1:48am

Views: 227
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Will do! With my job, it should take me quite a while to get through it, seeing as I get about 30 minutes of pleasure reading per day (which stinks). Too bad I won't be able to take part in the discussion. I always seem to be late. I guess that means I arrive precisely when I mean to.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Enjoy your week!

In Reply To

To those who have read it: is it similar to the Silmarillion, or does it read more like a narrative?

Yes. It is similar to The Silmarillion, except that long parts of it read more like a narrative, by which I assume you mean a novel, rather than a history. It is also different from The Silmarillion, obviously, because it focuses on Turin. Even the tale of Hurin is incomplete; except for a brief epilogue, the story ends with Turin's death.

Please let us know what you think. Many of us had already read the version of the tale found in Unfinished Tales, and it sounds like you have not. I would love to know your impressions.

Subject User Time
COH this week. 3Foot6 Send a private message to 3Foot6 Oct 1 2007, 1:12am
    Boy, is your timing off! Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Oct 1 2007, 2:54am
    I didn't Donry Send a private message to Donry Oct 1 2007, 2:55am
    Nominally there are two more weeks of discussion. N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Oct 1 2007, 4:38am
    The camping may be peaceful; CoH is anything but! Curious Send a private message to Curious Oct 1 2007, 10:24pm
        Thanks! 3Foot6 Send a private message to 3Foot6 Oct 2 2007, 1:48am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.