Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
the main difference

ElendilTheShort
Rohan

May 10 2012, 11:36pm

Views: 577
Shortcut
the main difference [In reply to] Can't Post

in production vs traditional is the fact that steel sourced nowdays is much better and they cut this from a steel blank to form the basic blade shape. So some of the manufacturing process is different but the sword performs and feels true to historical type. I had one of the models of sword seen here and it is simply an incredible sword.

Subject User Time
Hobbit Weapon Replicas DarkJackal Send a private message to DarkJackal Apr 10 2012, 6:56pm
    Thanks again :-D DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 10 2012, 7:06pm
        Sting and Gandalf's Staff DarkJackal Send a private message to DarkJackal Apr 10 2012, 7:57pm
            I had never noticed DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 10 2012, 8:01pm
                Haven't I read somewhere, ShireHorse Send a private message to ShireHorse Apr 12 2012, 10:31am
                    I've read that too, but can't find it using search / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 12 2012, 10:33am
    1:1 scale Sting? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Apr 10 2012, 11:31pm
        Joy! reags Send a private message to reags Apr 11 2012, 1:20am
    Yes! Derisedegami Send a private message to Derisedegami Apr 12 2012, 3:54am
    that Dwalyn mace Chopsta123 Send a private message to Chopsta123 Apr 12 2012, 8:16am
    Blade Center DarkJackal Send a private message to DarkJackal Apr 17 2012, 8:40pm
        Starts getting exciting now! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 18 2012, 6:58am
            Different packaging perhaps DarkJackal Send a private message to DarkJackal Apr 18 2012, 7:46am
                No, I'm not sure either DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Apr 18 2012, 7:52am
    I have not bought any but have investigated the idea and your choice Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 7 2012, 11:35pm
        Some "real" LOTR swords...1060 Carbon Steel etc. Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 7 2012, 11:47pm
            Carbon steel ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort May 8 2012, 9:34am
                As the full review states: Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 8 2012, 2:20pm
                    It's still not real though. ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort May 8 2012, 10:53pm
                        This was just one example, if you look, all of them have rating info Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 9 2012, 2:05pm
                            An informative article on the subject - display vs functional Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 9 2012, 3:35pm
                                An expert on Medieval blades etc. the late Ewart Oakeshott Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 9 2012, 4:24pm
                                    Oakeshott ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort May 10 2012, 9:33am
                                        Further to my last post ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort May 10 2012, 10:09am
                                        What was the weight of the UC version? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai May 10 2012, 1:45pm
                                            It was ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort May 10 2012, 8:01pm
                                        The Heron Mark sword is from the Wheel of Time series so it Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 10 2012, 7:59pm
                                            Angus Trim Swords....considered higher quality Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 10 2012, 8:05pm
                                                A not so favorable Heron blade review: Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 10 2012, 8:17pm
                                                    Nice video on modern sword manufacturing processes Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen May 10 2012, 9:17pm
                                                        the main difference ElendilTheShort Send a private message to ElendilTheShort May 10 2012, 11:36pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.