Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Are you the same like me..???

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Apr 7 2012, 7:43am

Post #1 of 11 (458 views)
Shortcut
Are you the same like me..??? Can't Post

Keep clicking back to the site for new News.Over and over again.Cool

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 7 2012, 8:05am

Post #2 of 11 (162 views)
Shortcut
Yes yes yes yes [In reply to] Can't Post

My days are dominated with absorbing as much news as possible - plus spending a ridiculous amount of time on this forum Cool

You do know you can (could've) set up a poll?

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Apr 7 2012, 2:49pm

Post #3 of 11 (138 views)
Shortcut
I spend a lot of time on the forums here [In reply to] Can't Post

but it's more because of the people and discussions that happen here than any need for more Hobbit news. Honestly, I don't even read all the articles posted to the Hobbit board anymore. Blush

How will you get to the Lonely Mountain?
Help TORn log enough miles to get us to Smaug's home by Dec. 2013
Walk to Rivendell - Thursdays on Main

My Costuming Site
TORn's Costume Discussions Archive

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Apr 7 2012, 3:02pm

Post #4 of 11 (195 views)
Shortcut
If you'd like to set up a poll, let me know [In reply to] Can't Post

and I (or any Admin) can edit the post to add your poll choices. Otherwise, I'll probably move this to Off-topic once I hear from you.

And, yes, I spend an inordinate amount of time here as you can well imagine. Wink On days when I'm not too busy at work, I have a TORn window open all day and refresh it fairly often. When I'm home, a TORn window is always open and refreshed periodically. I'm looking to be there if any trouble starts, or people need help, of course. But, I also hugely enjoy just reading through everyone's discussions, and participating as often as I can. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Patty
Immortal

Apr 8 2012, 1:52pm

Post #5 of 11 (141 views)
Shortcut
Admittedly, no. I rush to see the production videos, cause I love them, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

it's hard for me to stay hyped about this in the way that I did LotR. I don't know if it's because I care about this story only insofar as it's a lead-in to the more mature Middle-earth sagas or if it is simply a case of been there, done that. But no, now that casting is over, I'm usually only all about the videos. I hope they end up permanently available on The Hobbit blu-rays.

Permanent address: Into the West

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Apr 8 2012, 1:59pm

Post #6 of 11 (147 views)
Shortcut
Under my favorites [In reply to] Can't Post

I have both the TORn main page and the boards as separate options, so more oft than not I click the boards. I do check the main for any news, but no more than once, maybe twice a day.

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

FOTR 10th Anniversary Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33xJU3AIwsg

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Apr 9 2012, 12:48pm

Post #7 of 11 (120 views)
Shortcut
I check the news daily, but I'm still rather calm about this all [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's call it joyful but patient waiting. I know I'm in for some nice Middle-Earth goodness. Day by day it's slowly but surely coming closer. Between this moment and that, there's lots of other things to put my mind to.

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Apr 9 2012, 12:57pm

Post #8 of 11 (130 views)
Shortcut
Somewhat same [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not as hyped about this as I was about LotR films either. However, I wouldn't say it's because the Hobbit would be less interesting than LotR (for me, that is) because I'm more interested in the universe than the plot, and the universe is still the same.

May I say it's because I've grown older. When LotR came out, I was a teenager. The movies, and the books they led me to, refined me as a person much more than any movie now could. Back then it was so easy to give into violent passion, so easy to feel excited over things ultimately secondary... Now I'm "old", grey and boring. Life is all work, taxes and bills! Sly This isn't only a bad thing for my TH enthuisiasm, though. The nostalgia levels are rather high...

Laerasėa
Tol Eressea

Apr 9 2012, 10:29pm

Post #9 of 11 (124 views)
Shortcut
I come back for the community more [In reply to] Can't Post

I browse the homepage, but I don't really go to The Hobbit forums anymore. I want to discuss the movies after I see them, but I don't want to predict everything that will happens-- I want that part to be a surprise. Smile

‎"If my tongue were trained to measures, I would sing a stirring song."
--Paul Tillich

Mozart and Chocolate

DanielLB
Immortal

Apr 10 2012, 6:49am

Post #10 of 11 (152 views)
Shortcut
Different logic [In reply to] Can't Post

I have completely different logic to you Laugh The way I see it, is that since I have read the book (god knows how many times) then I know what's going to happen, and therefore need to discuss everything that will/will not happen. I love spoilers and speculation!!

Marillė by the Sea
Rivendell

Apr 16 2012, 6:20pm

Post #11 of 11 (177 views)
Shortcut
Same here [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a preteen when LOTR came out, so you can imagine the fangirliness I displayed for Legolas. That was pretty much the extent of my passion for LOTR, unfortunately. Now that I'm older, I appreciate the story a lot more.

Like Patty said, now that casting is over, I'm just waiting for the production videos to come out, and (if ever) AICN entries.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.