Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
This ain't no town!

linkin-artelf
Lorien

Mar 5 2007, 5:45am

Views: 120
Shortcut
This ain't no town! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's Venice on stilts! With barrels the size of houses. The perspective is all wrong but I find it a charming image nevertheless.
The color rendition takes the focus off the town and draws far too much attention to those giant barrels.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
"I walk along the shore and I gaze
At the light that radiates down
Will it travel forth to you
Far across this shimmering sea?"
formerly linkinparkelf

Subject User Time
**JRRT: Artist & Illustrator. The Hobbit, Part II Lake Town** squire Send a private message to squire Feb 24 2007, 6:13pm
    I like the Munro very much Penthe Send a private message to Penthe Feb 25 2007, 1:40am
        Who isn't sitting on the edge of ruin in ME? Beren IV Send a private message to Beren IV Feb 25 2007, 1:49am
            Oh, very good question Penthe Send a private message to Penthe Feb 26 2007, 1:49am
    What drove men to build Laketown? Not the dragon, I trust, since Curious Send a private message to Curious Feb 25 2007, 5:36am
        The bridge was gone, and his enemies were on an island in deep water -- too deep and dark and cool for his liking! squire Send a private message to squire Feb 25 2007, 6:01am
            Dorthonion? Beren IV Send a private message to Beren IV Feb 25 2007, 7:06am
                "They still throve on the trade that came up the great river from the South" squire Send a private message to squire Feb 25 2007, 2:55pm
    The clearest difference FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Feb 25 2007, 8:59pm
        Tolkien was an authoritarian Beren IV Send a private message to Beren IV Feb 26 2007, 12:42am
            Yes and no. Tolkien preferred an inactive monarch, with Curious Send a private message to Curious Feb 26 2007, 11:33am
                Very true, Beren IV Send a private message to Beren IV Feb 26 2007, 3:08pm
                Leadership FarFromHome Send a private message to FarFromHome Feb 26 2007, 5:24pm
    colorizing Luthien Rising Send a private message to Luthien Rising Feb 25 2007, 9:42pm
        I was staggered squire Send a private message to squire Feb 25 2007, 9:52pm
    This ain't no town! linkin-artelf Send a private message to linkin-artelf Mar 5 2007, 5:45am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.