Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
I think...

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 6 2012, 7:01pm

Views: 229
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking forward to Elijah and Sir Ian Holm's cameos most. This is by far the most hobbit-centric tale Tolkien ever wrote/told (he first told this as a story to entertain his 4 children, after all). I've already seen that Mr Jackson will get somethings magnificently right and others magnificently wrong in adapting Tolkien so I know I'm in store for surprises, some pleasant and some not. But the one thing Mr Jackson got "most right" about his LotR adaptations were hobbits and I want this to be a continuation on that score (allusion to Howard Shore's score intended as "Concerning Hobbits" is still imo the most brilliant piece of music from an incredibly brilliant score). I want Martin Freeman to truly channel and BE a younger Sir Ian Holmes and not try to re-create Bilbo too much. Obviously characters grow with years even if they don't age, but I want to see a genuine connexion between portrayals that is my 'bridge' betwixt the works.
Finally I want to see how (or perhaps 'if', as I've not kept up with the spoilers) Mr Jackson handles the 60 years' time between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of The Lord of the Rings. Realistically he COULD make the ENTIRE second movie about this but what I read from Quickbeam and others seems to indicate that such won't be the case and I find myself vaguely disappointed in that.

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

Subject User Time
What are looking forward most about the movie.??? Thorins_apprentice Send a private message to Thorins_apprentice Mar 23 2012, 4:05am
    Hmm, I don't know if I can choose just one thing. Silverlode Send a private message to Silverlode Mar 23 2012, 4:16am
    What I am most looking forward to DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Mar 23 2012, 9:56am
        Agreement! GoodGuyA Send a private message to GoodGuyA Mar 24 2012, 9:36pm
    I want to hear Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 23 2012, 6:06pm
        Oddly, Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Mar 23 2012, 6:22pm
            Despite my impish face, I do too. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 23 2012, 7:04pm
        Me, too! RosieLass Send a private message to RosieLass Mar 23 2012, 7:19pm
            Ha! Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Mar 23 2012, 8:18pm
    Mainly seeing good ol' Middle Earth again :) zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Mar 24 2012, 6:50am
    I think... GAndyalf Send a private message to GAndyalf Apr 6 2012, 7:01pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.