Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
What are looking forward most about the movie.???

Thorins_apprentice
Rohan

Mar 23 2012, 4:05am

Post #1 of 11 (490 views)
Shortcut
What are looking forward most about the movie.??? Can't Post

CoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolCoolMyslef, am looking forward to the bonding of the dwarves in comparison to the resentment and hatred of the elves.To see that portrayed in film will be a dream come true.I read The Dwarves by Marcus Heitz and i see the Hobbit dwarves porttrayed in that vain.
They absolutely despise elves and will be cool to see the tension and conflict between the two.I love seeing territorial and historical based conflict and this movie should touch upon that.I saw in vlog 4 that the Dwarves have a true hatred for elves.It also leads me to the point of Amritage's portrayal of Thorins regal and callous Dwarf to be spot ON<! LaughLaugh It is that scene i hope is not cutout.One scne fromt he book(The Dwarves-MarcusHeitz) i love is when Boindil tells Tungdil that he is no friend of Elves,Orcs and ALfar and they will not be accepted to live around his Kin in Orgres death a name of a place of the Dwarves derived from how many Orgres/Prcs they have slain in that vacinity. it is truly gripping and intense.

We are more connected than ever before, more able to spread our ideas and beliefs, our anger and fears. As we exercise the right to advocate our views, and as we animate our supporters, we must all assume responsibility for our words and actions before they enter a vast echo chamber and reach those both serious and delirious, connected and unhinged.

(This post was edited by Thorins_apprentice on Mar 23 2012, 4:14am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Mar 23 2012, 4:16am

Post #2 of 11 (109 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, I don't know if I can choose just one thing. [In reply to] Can't Post

I think I'm most looking forward to seeing my favorite scenes from the book on film and how they handle them. My top three probably are:

1. The Riddle game in Gollum's cave. This scared me in the cartoon as a kid and terrified me as a young teen reading the book and I really hope it give me chills in the theater.

2. Fifteen Birds in Five Fir Trees. I want scary wolf-wargs, and goblins holding a council under a full moon, followed by a good fire fight (please colored-fire pine cones, pleaseplease) and a dramatic Eagle rescue!

3. The finding of the Back Door through Bilbo's conversation with Smaug.
I am hoping for scary, mysterious, atmospheric and tense. And a really Magnificent dragon.....

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

DanielLB
Immortal

Mar 23 2012, 9:56am

Post #3 of 11 (104 views)
Shortcut
What I am most looking forward to [In reply to] Can't Post

Is simply having it on my screen, after all these years of waiting and worry that it was never going to happen.

Everything excites me, from hearing familiar voices (Gandalf, Galadriel, Bilbo, Saruman, Elrond), to all the new characters. I'm looking forward to seeing Hobbiton again, as well as an area of Middle-Earth not yet explored. I can't wait for Gollum and Bilbo's riddle game, Bilbo and the trolls (and finding their hoard). I'm sure we are going to get epic shots and scenery, including flying eagles, Mirkwood spiders and the transformation of Beorn. I am also looking forward to the BoFA, and the devastating end it has.

There is far far far too much to decide from!

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Mar 23 2012, 6:06pm

Post #4 of 11 (103 views)
Shortcut
I want to hear [In reply to] Can't Post

some tra-la-la-lally :-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Mar 23 2012, 6:22pm

Post #5 of 11 (113 views)
Shortcut
Oddly, [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually do! (Ducks and runs for cover . . . Crazy)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Mar 23 2012, 7:04pm

Post #6 of 11 (105 views)
Shortcut
Despite my impish face, I do too. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll be really, really disappointed if we get those lugubrious elves again.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."

RosieLass
Valinor

Mar 23 2012, 7:19pm

Post #7 of 11 (94 views)
Shortcut
Me, too! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I hope "Homely" in this movie means the House, and not the Elves. Tongue

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Mar 23 2012, 8:18pm

Post #8 of 11 (143 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, some of those elves were pretty horse-faced.

"Hey, Lindir, why the long face?"

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Mar 24 2012, 6:50am

Post #9 of 11 (67 views)
Shortcut
Mainly seeing good ol' Middle Earth again :) [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit isn't my favorite Tolkien book - I like it, I just prefer LOTR and Silmarillion - so there aren't any particular scenes I'm looking forward to. I am just excited to see ME again, especially PJ's ME. I'm sure Del Toro would have done well, but I'm glad PJ is back at the helm so there will be more continuity.

GoodGuyA
Lorien

Mar 24 2012, 9:36pm

Post #10 of 11 (104 views)
Shortcut
Agreement! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Is simply having it on my screen, after all these years of waiting and worry that it was never going to happen.

Amen, my friend. I have no doubt that these films will also hold a special place in my heart once I see them, and who doesn't like feeling the satisfaction of something truly good?

I suppose what I'm looking most forward to though is how the dwarves will be fleshed out. Obviously they need to all have distinct personalities that were not at all present in the book, and Jackson has clearly showed his ability to make things interesting out of little. The more development, the better!

GAndyalf
Valinor

Apr 6 2012, 7:01pm

Post #11 of 11 (246 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm looking forward to Elijah and Sir Ian Holm's cameos most. This is by far the most hobbit-centric tale Tolkien ever wrote/told (he first told this as a story to entertain his 4 children, after all). I've already seen that Mr Jackson will get somethings magnificently right and others magnificently wrong in adapting Tolkien so I know I'm in store for surprises, some pleasant and some not. But the one thing Mr Jackson got "most right" about his LotR adaptations were hobbits and I want this to be a continuation on that score (allusion to Howard Shore's score intended as "Concerning Hobbits" is still imo the most brilliant piece of music from an incredibly brilliant score). I want Martin Freeman to truly channel and BE a younger Sir Ian Holmes and not try to re-create Bilbo too much. Obviously characters grow with years even if they don't age, but I want to see a genuine connexion between portrayals that is my 'bridge' betwixt the works.
Finally I want to see how (or perhaps 'if', as I've not kept up with the spoilers) Mr Jackson handles the 60 years' time between the end of The Hobbit and the beginning of The Lord of the Rings. Realistically he COULD make the ENTIRE second movie about this but what I read from Quickbeam and others seems to indicate that such won't be the case and I find myself vaguely disappointed in that.

"Be good, be careful, have fun, don't get arrested!"
---Marcia Michelle Alexander Hamilton, 7 Nov 1955 - 19 Nov 2009

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.