The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming and Collecting:
LOTRO Sibs of TORn Kinship News/Status

13thHour
Rivendell

Mar 3 2012, 1:25pm

Post #1 of 5 (6510 views)
Shortcut
LOTRO Sibs of TORn Kinship News/Status Can't Post

As the 2nd Chief of the Sibs of TORn Kinship on Landroval Server, Lord of the Rings Online, I hereby resign my position and duties to the current successor, Donry.

I moved my character over to the kinship all my alts were in, being as the Sibs of TORn Kinship is pretty much inactive.

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Getting fit for Dragon*Con 2012

acheron
Gondor

Mar 4 2012, 7:54pm

Post #2 of 5 (2435 views)
Shortcut
Good luck! [In reply to] Can't Post

We started to have it going pretty well for a little while, then I had the baby and stopped playing, so sorry about that. Wink Hope your new kinship works out!

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

13thHour
Rivendell

Mar 4 2012, 8:17pm

Post #3 of 5 (2647 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I would not have left at all, as I really enjoyed having a small, but active, kin. I also really liked our kin house. I had a few alts in the Lonely Mountain Band kinship, and I found it to be quite fun and helpful (and most importantly, very active), so I moved Lobolan over there, also.

Like I said, I wish the Sibs kinship the very best in the future and I know Donry will make an excellent Chief, being as he was one of the two charter members (speaking of, anyone heard from Legalize???).

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Getting fit for Dragon*Con 2012

RosieLass
Valinor

Mar 5 2012, 9:50pm

Post #4 of 5 (2672 views)
Shortcut
Do any of our inactive members plan to become active again? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have also moved most of my toons to another kin, because at this point in my life, there is just no appeal in playing alone. Unsure

I have left some toons in Sibs of TORn for now, but I do wonder how long it's worth hanging on to the kin, especially for whoever is paying upkeep on the kinhouse.

I checked the member list over the weekend, and except for Donry and Lobo and myself, the most recent players were 100+ days ago.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Donry
Tol Eressea

Mar 6 2012, 6:29am

Post #5 of 5 (5214 views)
Shortcut
I am around... [In reply to] Can't Post

but have not been as active lately. I've just been incredibly busy. I will hold onto it as long as I can....I don't have a problem doing that, but eventually it might become hard to do....we'll see.....Legalize and I had hoped to see a greater influx of TOR.n members to the game with the increase of traffic here because of the Hobbit.....If it isn't meant to be, then so be it. But I will do what I can to keep it going! Hope to you all out there soon!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.