Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Tolkien presentation in Corpus Christi, Texas — March 3

visualweasel
Rohan

Feb 29 2012, 3:54pm

Post #1 of 4 (6662 views)
Shortcut
Tolkien presentation in Corpus Christi, Texas — March 3 Can't Post

Hello, Friends, and Happy Leap Day!

I will be giving a presentation at the Art Center in Corpus Christi, this weekend. This is not a free event (the cost is $20), but if you are within a day’s march of the “Texas Riviera”, come out on March 3 at 1:00 PM to hear me speak about J.R.R. Tolkien and source criticism. Short notice, I know, but I am driving more than seven hours to be there; at least you can do the same! I would love to meet some Texas TORnsibs whose paths I haven't crossed yet. I will also have some copies of my book on hand at a 30% discount (the best price you're likely to find) — and if you want them, the autograph and dazzling smile are free!

To register for this event, follow this link. Yes, sadly, they did misspell my name, but they spelled "Tolkien" correctly, and that's the chief thing! Wink

Jason Fisher
Author/editor of Tolkien and the Study of His Sources: Critical Essays (McFarland, 2011)
Blog: Lingwë - Musings of a Fish

The Lord of the Rings discussion 2007-2008 – The Two Towers – III.4 “Treebeard” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
“On Fairy-stories” discussion 2008 – “Origins” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Mar 1 2012, 9:54pm

Post #2 of 4 (2002 views)
Shortcut
That sounds great! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sadly, I'm far too far away to get there - but I hope it goes really well! And that you meet some other 'sibs whilst you're there. Smile

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Modtheow
Lorien

Mar 4 2012, 12:28am

Post #3 of 4 (1290 views)
Shortcut
Enjoying the book! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope the presentation went well. Texas is too far away for me, but I see you'll be in Kalamazoo this year. Yay! I'm hoping to get that far at least.

visualweasel
Rohan

Mar 6 2012, 4:47pm

Post #4 of 4 (4232 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, y'all. :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Jason Fisher
Author/editor of Tolkien and the Study of His Sources: Critical Essays (McFarland, 2011)
Blog: Lingwë - Musings of a Fish

The Lord of the Rings discussion 2007-2008 – The Two Towers – III.4 “Treebeard” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
“On Fairy-stories” discussion 2008 – “Origins” – Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.