The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
"Men with LARGE biceps" = Beornings?

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Jan 24 2012, 12:49pm

Post #1 of 10 (1225 views)
Shortcut
"Men with LARGE biceps" = Beornings? Can't Post

The latest casting call (http://www.trademe.co.nz/441281338) suggests a whole variety of extras, and some have suggested it's for the BoFA. They specifically ask for "MEN with LARGE biceps" which strikes me as odd, because I would imagine the humans and Dwarves will have their arms covered.

But what if Beorn arrives not alone, but with a whole host of "Beornings"? I know that the rise of the Beornings didn't happen until after the BoFA, but it might be a change that Jackson feels is cinematic enough to make.

* crunch *

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jan 24 2012, 1:15pm

Post #2 of 10 (568 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking more Laketown archers or just general warriors. [In reply to] Can't Post

Mr. Arkenstone (isaac)
Tol Eressea

Jan 24 2012, 1:43pm

Post #3 of 10 (563 views)
Shortcut
non human shape [In reply to] Can't Post

it wasn´t on videoblog 1that appears some kind of golbin or something with long arms and then on videoblog 2 we can se tought it is obscured a figure of the same kind, i dont know if it has something to do with it

but a bunch ob Berons arriving at BOFA it remembered me to twilight saga with this wolf guys and all that stuff noooooooooooooooo!Tongue

duats
Grey Havens

Jan 24 2012, 2:47pm

Post #4 of 10 (509 views)
Shortcut
I think dwarves are more likely [In reply to] Can't Post

Or Lake-town archers.

Findun
The Shire

Jan 24 2012, 3:59pm

Post #5 of 10 (489 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves and goblins [In reply to] Can't Post

I think they are casting dwarves and maybe goblins

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jan 25 2012, 6:28am

Post #6 of 10 (320 views)
Shortcut
It is possible. [In reply to] Can't Post

After all, Gandalf does witness Beorn attending a great moot of true bears and other skinchangers (were-bears lol) so it is certainly not beyond reasonable speculation.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

TFP
Lorien

Jan 25 2012, 7:59am

Post #7 of 10 (342 views)
Shortcut
Possibilities [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, dunno. A group of individuals of varying heights who will have [possibly just] their arms uncovered.

A good deal is made of the strength & sturdiness of Dain's army, but they are said to be wearing "hauberks" [a garment which I understand is typically sleeved].

Bolg's bodyguard or other goblins [I guess that no height guidelines might favour goblins, who might tend to have a motley range of appearnces as per ROTK]?

Beornings is not an awful shout because the plausibility of a single man [or giant bear] making any real impact on a large battle was always a bit stretched.

Archers plausbile because they'd tend to be lightly armoured and archer is a job where you might expect people with relatively [compared to the rest of their body, although in truth I suspect that bigger, stronger, back muscles would do more of the work with good technique, not as telegenic though] over-developed arms.

Impossible to say really.

Hamfast Gamgee
Tol Eressea

Jan 25 2012, 10:17am

Post #8 of 10 (312 views)
Shortcut
Maybe some woodmen too? [In reply to] Can't Post

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jan 25 2012, 1:28pm

Post #9 of 10 (298 views)
Shortcut
Not Beornings... [In reply to] Can't Post

BeornLINGS.

Beorn's
Extras
Of
Really
Large Biceps
Intent on
Numerous
Goblin
Slayings

Laugh

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Wandering Ranger
Rivendell

Jan 26 2012, 9:29am

Post #10 of 10 (393 views)
Shortcut
love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Pipe Dream! Could be the FIGWIT of the HobbitWink

So Frodo Baggins boarded the great ship and passed on into the west till the sweet fragrance on the air filled his sense and the sound of singing came over the water. Then it seemed to him that, as in a dream, he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country. The third age of Middle Earth was over, the days of the Rings had passed and the story and song of those times was at an end.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.