Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
TORn moot Thursday in Weta Cave

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 5 2011, 9:05am

Post #1 of 12 (435 views)
Shortcut
TORn moot Thursday in Weta Cave Can't Post

In New Zealand? Join TheOneRing Thursday from 3 - 5 p.m. at the Weta Cave! TORn founder Tehanu and Senior Staff MrCere will be on hand to talk to anybody that might happen by and wants to chat.

It will be casual and fun!

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

mulubinba
Rivendell

Dec 5 2011, 10:52am

Post #2 of 12 (255 views)
Shortcut
3 weeks too late ... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would have loved to have come, but our timing was all out. We were briefly in Wellington 3 weeks ago.

Another place we have to return to ... next year around Nov/Dec Smile

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 5 2011, 11:59pm

Post #3 of 12 (179 views)
Shortcut
I know of a few cruisers who will there [In reply to] Can't Post

At least, until their ship sails away.

Peace, Love and Rock & Roll,

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 6 2011, 9:48pm

Post #4 of 12 (178 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

We will definitely be socializing with those folks too and very much looking forward to it!

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 6 2011, 11:59pm

Post #5 of 12 (245 views)
Shortcut
Luckily. . . [In reply to] Can't Post

they wille sailing Northeast, rather than into the West. Wink

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 8 2011, 5:46am

Post #6 of 12 (159 views)
Shortcut
To Isengard? [In reply to] Can't Post

WinkTongue

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 8 2011, 7:23am

Post #7 of 12 (213 views)
Shortcut
To Hobbiton, actually (nt) [In reply to] Can't Post

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 9 2011, 9:11am

Post #8 of 12 (382 views)
Shortcut
I take it Legolas wasn't navigating. [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Seriously though, I'm a pretty shade of green thinking about it. Someday I would love to visit NZ and see the sights, LOTR and otherwise!

Silverlode

"Of all faces those of our familiares are the ones both most difficult to play fantastic tricks with, and most difficult really to see with fresh attention. They have become like the things which once attracted us by their glitter, or their colour, or their shape, and we laid hands on them, and then locked them in our hoard, acquired them, and acquiring ceased to look at them.
Creative fantasy, because it is mainly trying to do something else [make something new], may open your hoard and let all the locked things fly away like cage-birds. The gems all turn into flowers or flames, and you will be warned that all you had (or knew) was dangerous and potent, not really effectively chained, free and wild; no more yours than they were you."
-On Fairy Stories

Garfeimao
Rohan

Dec 9 2011, 6:39pm

Post #9 of 12 (173 views)
Shortcut
I send people to NZ all the time, you should totally plan for it [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not as big of a burden as you might think, time wise or monetarily. It just takes a bit of planning and off you go.

Garfeimao
The orange stripey One

Cruise to Middle-earth

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 15 2011, 8:01pm

Post #10 of 12 (215 views)
Shortcut
And is totally worth it! [In reply to] Can't Post

(I say as one of the cruisers who met up with Mr. Cere and Tehanu in Wellington.)

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Dec 20 2011, 12:53pm

Post #11 of 12 (159 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad you got to moot with them! Hope you had a fabulous trip! (How could you not??) Wink

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 20 2011, 3:06pm

Post #12 of 12 (425 views)
Shortcut
Very true [In reply to] Can't Post

How can you not have a fabulous trip in a place like New Zealand? Throw in a lovely assortment of geeky folk, and you're in nirvana.

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.