The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
[vlog screencap] Flagons of the Butler?

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Nov 12 2011, 11:47am

Post #1 of 7 (974 views)
Shortcut
[vlog screencap] Flagons of the Butler? Can't Post

So I spotted this in the vlog # 4, and wondered if this is proof that the dwarven escape from the elves of Mirkwood is still going to involve two passed out elves? There is also the wine barrels in the back ground.

The image is of two green flagons/large cups on a table, and a camera crew moving through to the next room, where wine barrels can be seen stacked against the wall.

Here's a link to the image. (in larger, higher res form)

Hobbit firster, Book firster.

(This post was edited by entmaiden on Nov 13 2011, 2:07pm)

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Nov 12 2011, 12:00pm

Post #2 of 7 (676 views)
Shortcut
so I fail at images! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here it is in low res form, so you know what you're looking at!

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Nov 12 2011, 12:54pm

Post #3 of 7 (688 views)
Shortcut
Yes, I believe it's Galion and the guard captain [In reply to] Can't Post

Let's hope we'll get to see some drunken Elves! I don't even consider intoxication to be funny, I just want to see some not so angelic and perfect Elves. PJ please!

Give me the patience to endure the things which cannot be changed, the courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to know one from the other. - Oliver J. Hart

Lysanor
The Shire

Nov 12 2011, 1:18pm

Post #4 of 7 (692 views)
Shortcut
This makes me squeeeeee [In reply to] Can't Post

Ahem. Yes. Laugh

I do think that they'd be daft if they didn't include the passed out elves!

http://www.flickr.com/...1357/in/photostream/

That's PJ Isn't it? Doesn't look like an elf! XD The rock in that shot looks a little too roughly hewn for the Elvenking's halls though... even for a wine cellar.

Junesong
Rohan

Nov 12 2011, 11:34pm

Post #5 of 7 (560 views)
Shortcut
Just me? [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought it looked Bag End-ish... and at first thought it might be Bilbo's beer barrels in his cellar...

But one thing the vlog seems to be telling us is that the first movie will at least get to Mirkwood (because I don't think they've showed us anything yet from the second film yet) and so it's starting to look like first one might end with Bilbo on top of the barrels.

Which would make these THE barrels I suppose...

"Tim... Canterbury... Canterbury Tales... Chaucer... Shakespeare."

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Nov 13 2011, 1:02pm

Post #6 of 7 (545 views)
Shortcut
hobbits != cellars [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember that Hobbit homes are always on the one level- they don't have upstairs/downstairs and, by extension, cellars- well, I know that cellars don't have to be bellow ground under the house, but that's what I think.

I feel like this is the basement/cellars of the elves.

Love the green colour and the shape of the table.

What do you think the red stain on the table is? Wine? BLOOD? Maybe, to be more dramatic, the dwarves will stab an elf so they can escape. :/

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Nov 13 2011, 2:23pm

Post #7 of 7 (519 views)
Shortcut
nah, I dont think these dwarves would do that, not even Dwalin! I;m guessing its a Wine stain.... [In reply to] Can't Post

....which is a very good sign, because we know now that they'll (most likely) be including Dorwinion Wine

The Blue Wizards = Enigma = Great topic for Fan Fiction (proper fan fiction of course)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.