Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Concerning the Woot Moot:).
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Alassea Elensar
Rivendell

Sep 10 2007, 1:16am

Post #151 of 160 (430 views)
Shortcut
I'll let you know ... [In reply to] Can't Post

about being back to work. I've done driving trips like this often enough to know to take extra time off work. I go back tomorrow -- in 9 hours, to be exact. Shocked

Driving takes more out of you than you realize. I did all the driving myself, first from my home in Toronto to GreenWoman's in central Illinois (11 hours), and from there to Atlanta (another 9 or 10 hours), and of course, the same route in reverse going home again. I did pretty well nothing all day Friday except sleep! Still, I'd much rather drive, whenever possible, than fly. Despite all the time it took, it was a relaxing and enjoyable trip, and gave GreenWoman and I a chance to catch up. Smile

Glad you -- and eveyone else! -- made it home safe and sound as well!

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 10 2007, 2:01am

Post #152 of 160 (425 views)
Shortcut
Just butting in on this conversation... [In reply to] Can't Post

To say oh yeah, getting back to work was mundane indeed! The whole week felt like such a downer after the high of the fab weekend at DCon. SandWitch King and I were saying it *almost* seems unhealthy to have such a high, as everything else feels so flat afterwards. But I wouldn't trade those good times for anything! I just keep going by thinking about the next time we'll all get together!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

CAhobbit
Rohan

Sep 10 2007, 2:31am

Post #153 of 160 (442 views)
Shortcut
I'm so glad... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
and thank you for the neat name tags for the 3 of us. Like traditionWink, they will be kept for safe keeping.

And i wish we could have talked more, at least about photography:).

that the nametags were well recieved. And of course much thanks again for the fab. hat!! It sits proudly in my displayed collection and serves as a wonderful reminder of you and your lovely family and the most fantastic weekend DCon was!!!

I wish we could have talked a bit more as well (especially regarding photography...though I am very much a newbie to the hobby). But there will always be another time to all meet up again in the future. *crosses fingers*Cool

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 10 2007, 2:40am

Post #154 of 160 (431 views)
Shortcut
You're not late, but all the same we missed you. [In reply to] Can't Post

Such a nice report and lovely comments. Most assuredly we feel the same.
Thought the driving might require a certain amount of recovery time for most. It did for us. We too love a road trip. We thought about you on our drive home, driving some of the same roads and all. It is tiring, though, no matter how much you enjoy it. I have no idea how Sil does it! One day? How could they do that? We're in such awe of his stamina.
We will all take up the challenge and do this again as soon as possible. Right?
I have to say too what a pleasure it was to meet you and Green Woman. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed talking to you. Honestly, it was one of the highlights of the con getting to meet you and the others I've only known online. There just wasn't enough time...
As newbies, we didn't plan well enough. If we do have another opportunity to go to Dragon Con, or any other moot or con for that matter, we'll do better managing our time. The real joy is being with sibs and the more time for that the better.
All the best to you Alassea and a ton of hugs!
hob

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob
(former nick: "HobbitLoveR*M-e" among several others, briefly)

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 10 2007, 2:46am

Post #155 of 160 (427 views)
Shortcut
YES there will be! [In reply to] Can't Post

DCon next year - ComicCon before that - NZ cruise, anyone? Laugh I am all for 'sibs getting together at EVERY possible opportunity - in case anyone hadn't noticed that....

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 10 2007, 3:13am

Post #156 of 160 (416 views)
Shortcut
Now I'm butting in... [In reply to] Can't Post

just to say sorry we missed your 'lesson.' Sounds like it was really good. We were just talking today about some of the interesting things in the Tolkien track.
Nice to hear from you and that you were such a good teacher.
= )
I am reading the Sil now and truly enjoying it. I wish these stories could be made into movies or something - they are so tragic, exciting, full of passion. As good as (probably often better) than the ancient legends so often (over) used like Hercules, Troy, Jason, even Arthur.
Here's hoping the Tolkien Track continues at D*C. We never tire of these stories and learning about them and talking about them.
All the best to you and thanks for posting.
Hob

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

silneldor
Half-elven

Sep 10 2007, 3:17am

Post #157 of 160 (475 views)
Shortcut
I happen to hold similiar opinion [In reply to] Can't Post

of you TORnbrother. We got to know and understand each other better which is a good thing:). The same goes for that little short guy- L. Ron (old joke). This moot warmed my heart in so many ways. May we all meet again for more great times....That goes for you too purplegreendragon (who i forgot to hug goodbye:{ :D.

"Tolkien, like Lewis, believed that, through story, the real world would become a more magical place, full of meaning. We see its patterns and colors in a fresh way. The recovery of a true view of the world applies both to individual things, like hills and stones, and to the cosmic - the depths of space and time itself. For in sub-creation, in Tolkien's view, there is a "survey" of space and time. Reality is captured on a miniature scale. Through stories like The Lord of the Rings, a renewed view of things is given, illuminating the homely, the spiritial, the physical, and the moral dimensions of the world."

Tolkien and C.S. Lewis- The Gift of Friendship -Duriez

May the grace of ManwŰ let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of ManwŰ S˙limo
By El~Cugu

From the website: 'The Realm of Manwe'

hobbitlove
Gondor

Sep 10 2007, 3:24am

Post #158 of 160 (441 views)
Shortcut
Waving * with big smile on my face * Hi! So nice to see you here! [In reply to] Can't Post

Ditto on the wonderful time and I hope you know you were very much a part of that. Very fun getting to know you. You seem to be the same kind of geek that we all are. So, there ya go! It was density...I'm mean destiny.
LOL!
Welcome to the boards, and a zillion thanks for coming with Alassea, for mooting with us, and especially for my brilliant drawing from you, which I will treasure for ever!
Cheers,
hob

Egleria! Iorhael!

hob

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Sep 10 2007, 3:36am

Post #159 of 160 (479 views)
Shortcut
hey - just hold on to that hug [In reply to] Can't Post

and give it to me next time, 'kay? You and your fab family ain't that far away - surely it must be time for another games moot?? Wink I bought the board game they had at the LotR musical specially so we would have it for our next moot! So let's name a date!

{{hugs}} to you and yours Sil - you are a star and it's always precious to have time with you and with as many 'sibs as possible!

CAhobbit
Rohan

Sep 10 2007, 4:11am

Post #160 of 160 (529 views)
Shortcut
GreenWoman!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

So glad to see you here! It was wonderful meeting you at the moot and I cherish the drawing you drew and gave to me at the end of that evening. I hope you're able to stay around and we will all meet again at future moots (I'm positive about that). Cool

Do not meddle in the affairs of hobbits for we can bite your kneecaps off!

CAhobbit's flickr page

CAhobbit's myspace

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.