Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
An Unexpected Party - NYC, Friday 14th October, 7pm. Ringers take Manhattan!
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Synseer83

Oct 16 2011, 12:45pm

Post #26 of 35 (321 views)
Shortcut
The one with Toys For Tots [In reply to] Can't Post

It indeed was a good time and a great atmosphere. I was there with Toys for Tots (still can't believe people were actually shocked to believe that even a "hard" Marine could be a fan as much as we were) and I know the other two guys were also Happy to be there. I can't remember who exactly I spoke with that Night, but the conversations were great and fun. Nothing like meeting new friends.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 16 2011, 11:46pm

Post #27 of 35 (262 views)
Shortcut
Excellent! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was so great to have all of you. We are also sending you a check for the cash box at our booth.

I was part of the group you spoke with. Really, really great.

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 18 2011, 12:50am

Post #28 of 35 (186 views)
Shortcut
well it was great fun... [In reply to] Can't Post

But would have been even better had you and the fam been there. You were missed!

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Oct 18 2011, 12:56am

Post #29 of 35 (298 views)
Shortcut
many thanks for joining us! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to know that you all enjoyed yourselves! We were delighted to team up with such a great charity; do hope that the con was successful for Toys for Tots! :)

'There are older and fouler things than orcs in the deep places of my fridge...'

'You never know what will happen next, when once you get mixed up with TORnsibs and their friends.'

ragamuffin92
The Shire

Oct 19 2011, 1:29am

Post #30 of 35 (216 views)
Shortcut
Marines in the house!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was a bit surprised at first to see you guys in uniform at the "Ringers" party, but once it sunk in, I figured, "Why not?" It was an honor to have you there. Did you see the pictures on TORn's Facebook page? You fellas are in a few of them.

http://www.facebook.com/...425769820&type=3

"Become who you were born to be!"
(Elrond Halfelven to Aragorn--my favorite non-Tolkien line from the LOTR films)

ragamuffin92
The Shire

Oct 19 2011, 2:10am

Post #31 of 35 (262 views)
Shortcut
To Entmaiden, from a native New Yorker... [In reply to] Can't Post

...well, a Long Island boy, really. It was a pleasure to meet you and everyone else who were there. (This is Pete, the guy who took a lot of photos at the party, and a few on Saturday at NYCC). You were correct, too, about the large crowd for the panel discussion. I almost didn't get in, and that was the only reason I went to Comic Con in the first place. Next year (please let there be a next year for you folks here), it's going to be even crazier, with the release of Hobbit I soon after.

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Oct 19 2011, 4:06am

Post #32 of 35 (222 views)
Shortcut
You took such great pictures [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a few that I need to upload. So glad you made it into the room - I hope the Comic Con folks take note and give us a bigger room.

It was great to meet you and share the fun of New York and Comic Con. I definitely can't wait for next year.

ragamuffin92
The Shire

Oct 19 2011, 4:14am

Post #33 of 35 (331 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, and I can't wait to see your photos [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure they'll provide a bigger room and an earlier time next year, but if they don't want to, maybe we can hold a "Ringers Take the Javits Center" event. Cool I am really loving all this this website, TORn's facebook page, the chats, etc, because I only have two friends who are into Tolkien, and I haven't seen one of them since he moved to Ohio in the early1970s. ;-)

Barefoot
The Shire

Nov 19 2011, 4:25am

Post #34 of 35 (184 views)
Shortcut
Checking in finally [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been years since I've been on this forum (embarrassed) and I have to say it was so much fun to go to this party (that was completely random that we would be there since we live in So Cali and only in NY for one night). We hope to go to the upcoming So Cali event when the deets are in. I'm also so glad I remembered my User ID. :) I forgot how nice the Ringers are and thank you for being so welcoming at the party. I know this was complete rambling.

Yvonne (and Brian)

ragamuffin92
The Shire

Nov 19 2011, 4:34am

Post #35 of 35 (316 views)
Shortcut
Hey, Yvonne (and Brian-)- [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really glad you folks were able to make the trip to Noo Yawk City for the Ringers Take Manhattan party, and it was real nice to meet you and your friends. That was my first time hanging out with other Ringers, and you're right--they're a nice breed of people. Cool

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.