*THROWS OPEN DOORS* It’s Fiesta Time!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Gollum the Great
Rohan

Aug 29 2011, 6:26pm

Post #126 of 140 (355 views)
Shortcut
I don't mind swimming in a pool... [In reply to] Can't Post

but oceans, lakes, and rivers are another matter. If there's too much seaweed, you couldn't pay me enough to even step foot in the water, and I've never been keen on swimming in the river ever since I saw those garfish at Underwaterworld Unsure

Lord Sméagol? Gollum the Great? The Gollum! Eat fish every day, three times a day; fresh from the sea. Most Precious Gollum!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 29 2011, 9:08pm

Post #127 of 140 (342 views)
Shortcut
Hopefully [In reply to] Can't Post

your power has stayed on!

I'm typing from my son's apartment 50 miles from my house, since we have no power - and they're saying it won't be back for days. So we're all here for showers and laundry! Laugh

No damage at our place except for massive amounts of small branches and leaves down. But the power lines in town did not fare well.

Will check in whenever I can...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Aug 29 2011, 9:47pm

Post #128 of 140 (314 views)
Shortcut
Glad you're okay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Drop in whenever you can---we'll put a light in the window for you Smile

Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

A man may do both. For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Aug 30 2011, 1:53am

Post #129 of 140 (452 views)
Shortcut
It has, but some over the Mason-Dixon are still without [In reply to] Can't Post

so they're in the same boat as you, though it should be back on sometime tomorrow. After watching the news, I'm pleasantly surprised that you came out of it in such good shape! I had to keep Mom updated while she and Dad were out of the state and far away in it. ~~ Also, I worked like a hurricane cleaning up her messes while they were gone, so, like Silneldor, I've earned a niiiice rest. ;) I even fed them supper after their homecoming today! Where's my medal?! =)

Yeah, I was out picking up sticks while waiting for the school bus today. I'm to spend less time on homework and more time on crafting with her this year. She loved the first skein of yarn to come off my "new" spinning wheel, but she's not getting to try that piece of equipment yet! ;) (I was spinning madly during the hurricane, but fortunately it only involved wool and a wheel.)

ETA: That TV station I mentioned? Off the air today! *shakes head, rolls eyes*

Who's the coverdwarf now, prettyboy!

NARF
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Aug 30 2011, 1:58am)

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Aug 30 2011, 8:59am

Post #130 of 140 (401 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

I certainly wish you the best. You can do it!

HappyHobbitess
Rohan

Aug 30 2011, 12:45pm

Post #131 of 140 (376 views)
Shortcut
That's what I keep telling myself! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, Alcarcalime!

That's what I keep telling myself, or variations thereof, like the Bob the Builder mantra: "Can we do it? Yes we can!" I sound like I should be on a motivational youtube video or something. But hey, better to be giving myself positive messages, especially since I'm so nervous about it. It starts tomorrow already!

"Yes, but what about SECOND breakfast?"

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 30 2011, 9:19pm

Post #132 of 140 (369 views)
Shortcut
Got 'tany BIG inflatable ducks? LOL\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

May the grace of Manwë let us soar with eagle's wings!

In the air, among the clouds in the sky
Here is where the birds of Manwe fly
Looking at the land, and the water that flows
The true beauty of earth shows
With the stars of Varda lighting my way
In all the realms this is where I stay
In the realm of Manwë Súlimo

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 30 2011, 9:42pm

Post #133 of 140 (334 views)
Shortcut
An electric light? [In reply to] Can't Post

LOL! I'll be glad when that utility returns! Thanks, Lily! Smile

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 30 2011, 9:45pm

Post #134 of 140 (354 views)
Shortcut
What an awesome thing to do [In reply to] Can't Post

during the storm - spinning! No rest for you, I can see! Laugh

What kind of wool did you use, what texture did you end up with, and what color are you going to dye it?

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Aug 30 2011, 10:41pm

Post #135 of 140 (377 views)
Shortcut
I'm thinking of naming it [In reply to] Can't Post

"Come On, Irene!" ;) . It's a Merino/Corriedale blend dyed in blues/purples/burgundy from a local farm. The dyer just branched out into dyed rovings (she dyes commercial yarns for resale). It's a nice "semi-woolen-spun" 2-ply, and somewhere between a fingering-weight and a DK yarn. She hasn't seen it yet, but the shop owner took a picture of it. I've got some of her aqua blue and green alpaca/wool roving to try, too. If I can't get the results I want on the wheel without ordering a smaller whorl(pulley), I might just do that on my spindles.

When the wheel is singing, you don't really hear the wind outside. ;) [She's a NZ Silver Beech blonde, but her name is still undecided...Maybe I'll put some golden leaves on her. =)]

NARF
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Aug 30 2011, 10:45pm)

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 30 2011, 11:52pm

Post #136 of 140 (340 views)
Shortcut
You mean [In reply to] Can't Post

that the wheel was made in NZ, or in wood from NZ? Shocked

If she sings, how about "Nimrodel"! Wink

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Aug 31 2011, 12:54am

Post #137 of 140 (372 views)
Shortcut
Made in NZ. [In reply to] Can't Post

The connection between Galadriel and her maidens (parts on a spinning wheel) was a little too obvious a joke, and so the name has already been given to other wheels. I'll have to settle on a formal name soon, but I think maybe Laurelinda just might be her redneck nickname. ;)

NARF
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 31 2011, 1:59am

Post #138 of 140 (325 views)
Shortcut
There you are :D [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad you're okay!!! I figured your power would still be out. What a hard hit that whole region got!!! It sounds like it's going to be a long time before things are back to normal.

*massive hug* So happy it isn't worse... so sad it isn't better.

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Aug 31 2011, 2:57am

Post #139 of 140 (391 views)
Shortcut
It's beautiful! And now that it's done... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a knitted lace shawl that just hasn't magically beaded itself since I put it aside... ;) Oh, alright, I'll finish it myself. Sometime. =)

NARF
NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Aug 31 2011, 7:32am

Post #140 of 140 (345 views)
Shortcut
I know that one! [In reply to] Can't Post

Eventually the project get buried under all the other things you will get toeventually.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.