Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Manwe vs. Melkor

Turin Turambar
The Shire

Jul 27 2011, 12:09am

Post #1 of 11 (1642 views)
Shortcut
Manwe vs. Melkor Can't Post

Who would win?

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 27 2011, 5:47am

Post #2 of 11 (913 views)
Shortcut
Melkor. [In reply to] Can't Post

He'd get a cheap shot in when Manwe wasn't looking.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2011, 10:19am

Post #3 of 11 (850 views)
Shortcut
Melkor [In reply to] Can't Post

Because he has greater scope of skills: Manwë is the Lord of air, while Melkor has a part in the skills and knowledge of every Vala.

But Morgoth would go down with a whimper. He couldn't even win against a mere Maia.

Plus, I think we should have buried Tolkien in a larger coffin, he probably cant turn very well in his. -Rossmonster

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 27 2011, 4:34pm

Post #4 of 11 (856 views)
Shortcut
Melkor [In reply to] Can't Post

Morgoth shows up and tells Manwe Melkor isn't coming. When Manwe turns around to leave Morgoth puts his "Hi! I'm Melkor!" name-tag back on and whacks Manwe on the back of the head.

Win!

Brothers, sisters,
I was Elf once.
We danced together
Under the Two Trees.
We sang as the soft gold of Laurelin
And the bright silver of Telperion,
Brought forth the dawn of the world.
Then I was taken.

Brothers, sisters,
In my torment I kept faith,
And I waited.
But you never came.
And when I returned you drew sword,
And when I called your names you drew bow.
Was my Eldar beauty all,
And my soul nothing?

So be it.
I will return your hatred,
And I am hungry.

StarElf
Rohan

Jul 28 2011, 4:52am

Post #5 of 11 (893 views)
Shortcut
Well, depends on when it was.... [In reply to] Can't Post

After that nasty crippling blow that Fingolfin gave him and the pain from the burns of the Silmarils, Melkor'd probably be somewhat less of a problem. Of course, that would probably just apply if Manwe could get close enough to him to take the advantage.

But Turin passed away on the northward road, and Glaurung laughed once more, for he had accomplished the errand of his master. Then he turned to his own pleasure, and sent forth his blast, and burned all about him. But all the orcs that were busy in the sack he routed forth, and drove them away, and denied them their plunder even to the last thing of worth....
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion

Bjorn
Bree

Jul 29 2011, 3:55am

Post #6 of 11 (774 views)
Shortcut
Depends... [In reply to] Can't Post

At the beginning of time before melkor took a physical shape melkor would have won. When he poured all his power into his creations and sat at his throne in the iron fortress. Manwe would have won...

Gollum the Great
Rohan

Aug 4 2011, 6:41pm

Post #7 of 11 (843 views)
Shortcut
Manwe [In reply to] Can't Post

if Chuck Norris got involved!

(he would be on Manwe's side, wouldn't he?)

Lord Sméagol? Gollum the Great? The Gollum! Eat fish every day, three times a day; fresh from the sea. Most Precious Gollum!

TheNazgul
Rivendell

Aug 5 2011, 4:36am

Post #8 of 11 (1622 views)
Shortcut
Morgoth! [In reply to] Can't Post

sorry if it wasnt for him Nazgul wouldnt be around and then you wouldnt have my wonderful posts!

sora

(This post was edited by TheNazgul on Aug 5 2011, 4:36am)

Turin Turambar
The Shire

Aug 9 2011, 6:27am

Post #9 of 11 (1039 views)
Shortcut
LOL [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile

Rána Baggins
The Shire

Oct 18 2011, 8:50pm

Post #10 of 11 (748 views)
Shortcut
truth be told, I think.... [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, knowing that in the end, good always wins, I believe that Manwe would win. Melkor or Morgoth, if you will, is a very evil character, and I haven't finished The Silmarillion yet, but I'm guessing Morgoth dies or get defeated or something. Don't tell me though!Smile

http://happyinmyhobbithole.weebly.com/uploads/6/8/5/9/6859773/9451637.jpg?650

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility is being superior to your former self."
-Elijah Wood

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Dec 29 2013, 3:28pm

Post #11 of 11 (175 views)
Shortcut
manwe [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.