Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I believe 'The Hobbit' issue is settled
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 13 2007, 11:55am

Post #26 of 32 (172 views)
Shortcut
But wouldn't it be fascinating [In reply to] Can't Post

to see what the man would accomplish given the chance? I think he deserves the chance... and the loyalty/support of the filmmakers. If LotR had been a marginal success, I could see the quarrel.

The gent who gave us splatter was thought incapable of something as grand and beautiful as LotR; and he does have Philippa and Fran as lightning rods. A continuity of the look and feel of Middle-earth is one of the things I'm counting on if this is supposed to be another layer of Tolkien's world... and it only makes sense to let the people who created the filmic version of that finish the job. Peter also has the newly-created sequel to meld the two stories if he has a hankering for flourish or expansion.

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Patty
Immortal

Aug 13 2007, 2:21pm

Post #27 of 32 (170 views)
Shortcut
Ha! I never thought of Philippa and Fran as lightening rods... [In reply to] Can't Post

but good choice of words.

Riding with the Rohirrim!

Kelly of Water's Edge
Lorien

Aug 14 2007, 10:50am

Post #28 of 32 (185 views)
Shortcut
The problem with waiting too long [In reply to] Can't Post

for everything to be ironed out for Jackson to direct is that we have to consider that it can't be put on hold forever if we want Ian McKellan back as Gandalf. We have a good amount of time for Andy Serkis to revise Gollum and even longer for alot of the same WETA people to work on the project, but McKellan isn't going to be able to play a pre-LOTR Gandalf forever - not that he's retiring tomorrow, but it's eventually going to start becoming an issue. I'd really hate to lose him because the Jackson-New Line argument times him out.

At any rate, a very interesting bit of news. If Jackson does indeed give Raimi his public blessing, that's going to give us something to think about.

Patty
Immortal

Aug 14 2007, 2:16pm

Post #29 of 32 (186 views)
Shortcut
Even more pressing.. [In reply to] Can't Post

is Chris Lee as Saruman, in any movie that is to link The Hobbit to LotR.

Riding with the Rohirrim!

Sunflower
Valinor

Aug 15 2007, 6:15am

Post #30 of 32 (169 views)
Shortcut
Mystery solved: PJ is like Voldemort. [In reply to] Can't Post

Or should I say Tom Riddle....

When New Line ditched him, PJ put a jinx on New Line....the company is cursed. It can't get a hit or financial success. The company is as lucky as someone who has taken the post of Defense against the Dark Arts teacher, and only the re-instatement of PJ to his rightful place will lift the curse. Smile

For my full opinion, I've put it in the Film thread.

BTW, I'm not new. I had trouble re-registering under my old name, "Fimbrethil" so now I have this one.....grrrr.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 19 2007, 1:56am

Post #31 of 32 (131 views)
Shortcut
omg!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

*flying-tackle hug!* WOW!!! HI!!!!!!!! Oh geez, it's so great to see you!

I absolutely agree that they need to get going and have Ian, Andy, Weta and the whole filmic-family back together again!!!

I'm so glad you're here!!

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

N.E. Brigand
Half-elven

Jan 22 2010, 5:13am

Post #32 of 32 (128 views)
Shortcut
Not so much, eh? // [In reply to] Can't Post

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
We're discussing The Silmarillion in the Reading Room, Aug. 9 - Mar 7. Please join the conversation!

This week: "Of Tuor and the Fall of Gondolin".
+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=
How to find old Reading Room discussions.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.