Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Official Introduction & Welcome Thread
First page Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next page Last page  View All

Otaku-sempai
Immortal

May 3, 12:37pm

Post #626 of 636 (3755 views)
Shortcut
Welcome back! [In reply to] Can't Post

From one Otaku to another.

"Things need not to have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure
when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Dream of the Endless

(This post was edited by Otaku-sempai on May 3, 12:38pm)

tigatag

Aug 2, 8:54pm

Post #627 of 636 (1350 views)
Shortcut
no pressure or anything [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey all!

I'm Tigatag (after a bit in the Fellowship cast commentary), but some of you may know of me already as Dame Ioreth's eldest daughter. I live with my sister and a small, ridiculous cat. Mum and Dad got me into the series when I was a kid, and it's never really left. I'm still the family's reigning LotR trivial pursuit champion.

I'm twenty-four, I work as a designer, and I think half of my possessions are books by now. I like death's head moths. I read and watch a lot of horror and thrillers. I dislike unnecessary romantic subplots, but was okay with Kili and Tauriel. I like women's hockey.

Elrond is my favorite character, but I'd like to party with Merry and Pippin.

I've been told (by mum) that some of y'all had heard about my tattoo (which I got at the same time she got hers) and some of y'all wanted to see it, so that's attached (I think). It's a direct transcription of "not all those who wander are lost".

(This post was edited by tigatag on Aug 2, 8:55pm)
Attachments: tigatagtattoo.jpg (38.7 KB)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 2, 9:06pm

Post #628 of 636 (1333 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad you've chosen to join us. Sounds like you'll fit in great around here. Cool

Silverlode

Roads go ever ever on
Under cloud and under star
Yet feet that wandering have gone
Turn at last to home afar.
Eyes that fire and sword have seen
And horror in the halls of stone
Look at last on meadows green
And trees and hills they long have known.

Kim
Valinor

Aug 3, 1:06am

Post #629 of 636 (1322 views)
Shortcut
Welcome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to see DI's next generation joining TORn! I myself am a LOTR trivia champion, so we may need to have a challenge at some point. Wink

"All we have to decide is what to do in the time that is given us."

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 3, 2:02am

Post #630 of 636 (1318 views)
Shortcut
Hey! Hi! [In reply to] Can't Post

I understand you work in a rare book store - that is an awesome (literally) job. Cool Welcome to TORn!

That tattoo is sort of like a Tengwar bracelet! (Here's a bit more of it, which your Mom posted: http://newboards.theonering.net/...rum.cgi?post=866989;.)

So...what are your plans for challenging the Reading Room regulars to LotR trivial pursuit? Angelic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

tigatag

Aug 3, 2:40am

Post #631 of 636 (1315 views)
Shortcut
that would be it [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought there were some better photos floating around!

Yes, I work for a rare book store. We specialize in crime fiction and film, but I've been fortunate enough to handle some truly fascinating rare materials. (No interesting Tolkien related material yet; "so I can hold it" isn't a good enough reason for us to buy stock outside of our area of expertise)

First order of business would be to review, that's for sure! I'm still good on the films, but haven't had time for an in depth re-read in years. It might be color coded sticky note time Wink

cats16
Valinor

Aug 3, 5:22am

Post #632 of 636 (1305 views)
Shortcut
Hi there! [In reply to] Can't Post

And welcome! Smile

Every time DI mentions the bookstore, I get really jealous--that's doubly so now that you've said it sells film books too. Shocked I'm hooked, please tell me more!

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

tigatag

Aug 5, 1:53am

Post #633 of 636 (1256 views)
Shortcut
weelllll.... [In reply to] Can't Post

"Bookstore" is kind of a misnomer at this point. A few years ago, my boss decided to sell scripts and other film ephemera in addition to first editions. It's interesting if you really know your movies. Over the years I've handled scripts for Empire Strikes Back, Arsenic and Old Lace, the series finale for M*A*S*H, to name a few interesting ones. Vincent Price took a lot of margin notes.

Everyone that works there is a film nerd, all with different preferences. And they'll go out of their way to make sure a co-worker gets to hold something from their favorite film. It's a good place to work,

Sometimes that just the way things go. Someone comes along and throws away your lembas bread… metaphorically

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 5, 3:10am

Post #634 of 636 (1244 views)
Shortcut
Welcome to TORN! [In reply to] Can't Post

Always good to see a second generation on the discussion boards. Smile

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

cats16
Valinor

Aug 5, 6:39pm

Post #635 of 636 (1218 views)
Shortcut
Sounds neat! [In reply to] Can't Post

A place I'd love to visit, by the sound of it. Smile

Join us every weekend in the Hobbit movie forum for this week's CHOW (Chapter of the Week) discussion!

Dame Ioreth
Tol Eressea

Aug 7, 2:05pm

Post #636 of 636 (1177 views)
Shortcut
Here's my girl! [In reply to] Can't Post

I've managed to last a few days without embarrassing you by posting but.... OK, just had to.

Welcome to the playground! I'm so glad you're as nuts as I am and decided to join. Some of the nicest people I've ever "met" are here.

I'll stop now. See, no baby pictures or anything! WinkSmile

_

Heed WBA when building blanket forts.
ITLs don't get enough FAS. :)

Where there's life there's hope, and need of vittles.
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

First page Previous page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.