Well, I'm back
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2007, 12:06pm

Post #26 of 31 (232 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Simply because I don't like to be repetitive, I'm just going to reply here a huge general thanks for your big welcoming arms and comments. And all those replies to the mathom! Truly TORn is a wonderful place :)

My LJ
My art site
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wynnie
Rohan

Jul 26 2007, 5:24pm

Post #27 of 31 (235 views)
Shortcut
My mission, if I choose to accept it ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that the old boards are no longer in active use, it’s occasionally possible to get them to go back and show several years’ worth of posts. (Admins, please tell me if we’re not supposed to try – I’ve been assuming that prohibition ended when we moved over to the new boards.) Main is the toughest, since that’s got the most posts, so if your first post was there, you may have to wait till the great archiving project goes through.

But here’s a link to what looks like your first post on Movie, from July 15, 2004.
(It's iffy whether this link will work for you; the old ones sometimes do and sometimes don't.)

To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying,
The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying.

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Jul 26 2007, 7:59pm

Post #28 of 31 (218 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, that is my youngest son. He's about 14 months now but was about 8 months in the footer pic and 2 months in the avatar pic. I also have a six year old son.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And suddenly the Ainur saw afar off a light, as it were a cloud with a living heart of flame.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2007, 5:33pm

Post #29 of 31 (223 views)
Shortcut
*big puppy-dog eyes* [In reply to] Can't Post

Do you think you could look mine up, too? I believe it was in March of 2000. Is that too far back? It was about a fan letter some friends and I sent to Ian McKellen when I was in college and the letter he wrote in response. I know there’s some kind of formula that will give you the approximate URL, but I’ve never understood it.

If you can’t or you don’t have time I’ll completely understand.

~~~~~~~~

Coming up with reasons for changing my nick from GaladrielTX to Galadriel wore me out.

Wynnie
Rohan

Jul 27 2007, 6:35pm

Post #30 of 31 (218 views)
Shortcut
I would if I could [In reply to] Can't Post

-- who can resist puppy-dog eyes? -- but I don't think I've ever been able to get further back than 2003 (that's on Movie; it would be even less on Main). N.E. Brigand was the one with the complicated formula; maybe he can help you.

To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying,
The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying.

GaladrielTX
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2007, 10:54pm

Post #31 of 31 (221 views)
Shortcut
Too bad about that post I made where I said I was plotting his demise. [In reply to] Can't Post

*kicks self* Will I ever learn? Suck up, wait for favors to be granted, THEN do in your arch-nemesis!

~~~~~~~~

Coming up with reasons for changing my nick from GaladrielTX to Galadriel wore me out.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.