The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Orlando Bloom Goes Green

deej
Tol Eressea

Feb 22 2007, 11:45pm

Post #1 of 6 (253 views)
Shortcut
Orlando Bloom Goes Green Can't Post

Good for him...and I like the new look. Wink Associated Press Orlando Bloom Goes Green
LOS ANGELES (February 22, 2007) -- Orlando Bloom says he's building his house in London with the environment in mind.
"It's as green as I can make it," the 30-year-old British actor said Wednesday during a pre-Oscar party benefiting the environmental organization Global Green USA and its efforts to combat global climate change.
"It's got solar panels on the roof, energy efficient light bulbs -- newer technology basically that is environmentally friendly," he said after arriving in a plug-in hybrid vehicle.
Plug-in hybrids combine hybrid technology -- which uses both gasoline and electric power -- with large batteries that can be plugged into a standard wall socket.
Not everyone can live a totally green lifestyle, Bloom said, but people can start by unplugging their cell phone chargers or turning off their TVs when not in use.
"It doesn't have to be overwhelming, there are simple things we can do," he said.

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Feb 23 2007, 10:09pm

Post #2 of 6 (157 views)
Shortcut
Good for Orlando! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's a subject dear to my heart. Anything that makes being environmentally friendly more alluring and - dare I say it - fashionable, is a good thing. I wish he'd do us a favour and ditch the hair product that created that effect though - or perhaps he just wired himself up to the mains to make better use of those electric good looks? <snert>

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Feb 23 2007, 11:35pm

Post #3 of 6 (145 views)
Shortcut
Trying to be Greener! [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all---I LOVE the new hairstyle Orlando is sporting.He looks so young, relaxed and serene in the photos I've seen.I'm impressed that he went to Antartica with his cousin Sebastian Copeland to view the effects of climate change on that part of the world.It's something I'd like to do myself.

I try to take the same plastic bag out with me when I shop, though I wish we had a choice in the matter.Recycled paper bags are far better but the U.K is very slow in that department.I hardly use my mobile, I don't drive and I always take my appliance plugs out before I go to bed.Little things like that make a difference.

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Feb 25 2007, 3:31pm

Post #4 of 6 (140 views)
Shortcut
re shopping bags - [In reply to] Can't Post

My energy efficiency advice centre had calico bags for the autumn marketing campaign; they fold up into your pocket very handily, with slogans like 'Energy Efficiency recommended' and 'Save your 20%' on. If you don't mind the slogans, ring 0800 512 012 (UK only, sorry folks!) and see if your local centre has any left; they might send you a couple. I find mine very useful.

Patty
Immortal

Feb 25 2007, 8:24pm

Post #5 of 6 (142 views)
Shortcut
Urp! I hate the new do... [In reply to] Can't Post

But I could KISS him for his attitude towards doing what can be done individually for the environment. And most of all, for being vocal about it. He realizes he has some pull with the young and tries to influence them in this most important issue. Good on him.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

Aragorn'sSexyScar
Rohan

Feb 25 2007, 8:46pm

Post #6 of 6 (157 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Greenwood! [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.