Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
OT: I could use some help...

3Foot6

Jul 23 2007, 2:52am

Post #1 of 17 (1322 views)
Shortcut
OT: I could use some help... Can't Post

I normally don't post stuff like this, but this is a major exception.

I leave in the morning so I can take the NYS Bar. I have never been this scared before in my life. I feel like Frodo to a certain extent. The board is set, and the pieces are moving, but I am so worried.

I firmly believe in the power of positive thinking of large groups of people, especially a tight-knit group like TORN. I know everyone is busy, but in the next couple of days, if you could take a moment to pray for ole' 3Foot6/wish me luck/think kind thoughts, I would forever be in your debt.

Thank you all very much. Take care.

namadriel
Lorien

Jul 23 2007, 3:22am

Post #2 of 17 (1147 views)
Shortcut
Good Luck [In reply to] Can't Post

Nariel
The Shire

Jul 23 2007, 3:43am

Post #3 of 17 (1144 views)
Shortcut
Best of Luck [In reply to] Can't Post

You've done all you can and now it's time to step forward in confidence that the best outcome for you will occur.
Just remember to keep breathing deeply to relax your brain.
Let us know how you feel you did when you can.
Nariel

Adanedhel
Bree

Jul 23 2007, 5:29am

Post #4 of 17 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Best of Luck / [In reply to] Can't Post

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 23 2007, 12:26pm

Post #5 of 17 (1133 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll shoot some good thoughts and prayers your way! After all the work and study and cost... it all comes down to this. I supervise tests for students who have completed 4-6 years at the university to become teachers/educators, and the pressure for all those years of work and investment to come down to this one day of tests is horrible!

Hang in there. Take breaks, even if it's just to leave the room long enough to stretch your eyes and arms, and don't worry. You know this stuff, and there'll always be questions you won't know... just like everyone else in that room!

Good Luck :)

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 23 2007, 12:40pm

Post #6 of 17 (1134 views)
Shortcut
Fare-well! [In reply to] Can't Post

Literally! And some words of encouragement, altered a bit for the occasion:

"Courage is found in unlikely places...be of good hope!"

"There is a seed of courage hidden (often deeply, it is true) in the heart of the fattest and most timid hobbit, wailing for some final and desperate [exam] to make it grow."

"Yet I think, [3Foot6], that you have courage and wisdom enough for the venture, or [you] would not have brought [yourself] here. Do as [best as] you will!"

"Courage will now be your best defence against the [exam] that is at hand."

Take heart, and you will do well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Only I hear the stones lament them: deep they delved us, fair they wrought us, high they builded us; but they are gone. They are gone. They sought the Havens long ago."
(Avatar pic: The Calanais stones, Isle of Lewis)

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jul 23 2007, 1:25pm

Post #7 of 17 (1130 views)
Shortcut
Will do. [In reply to] Can't Post

Just think of all of us here supporting you and cheering you on!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
Chance Meeting at Rivendell: a Tolkien Fanfic
and some other stuff I wrote...
leleni at hotmail dot com

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 23 2007, 2:59pm

Post #8 of 17 (1126 views)
Shortcut
Good luck to you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sincerely, deej - The Artist Formerly Known as djdeathskiss

Atlanta Woot! Moot 2007 - Join us Labor Day weekend; go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/atlanta_woot_moot/

Patty
Immortal

Jul 23 2007, 4:13pm

Post #9 of 17 (1124 views)
Shortcut
Best of luck, not that you'll need it. [In reply to] Can't Post

You will do fine. If you're going after something like this you've already studied and that's all you have to do. Envision yourself on the other side of this exam and you will be relaxed the whole time.

Riding with the Rohirrim!

Ettelewen
Rohan

Jul 23 2007, 4:17pm

Post #10 of 17 (1122 views)
Shortcut
*sending good thoughts* [In reply to] Can't Post

Trust in yourself. You can do it.

Congratulations on getting to this point! The Bar Exam - wow.

Please let us know how it goes - we're pulling for you! Smile

Annael
Immortal

Jul 23 2007, 6:19pm

Post #11 of 17 (1122 views)
Shortcut
done! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good luck. My nephew's taking it as well. I hear every lawyer wants to pass the NYS bar as well as their own state?

Never attribute to malice that which you can attribute to stupidity. - anon.

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 24 2007, 8:41am

Post #12 of 17 (1110 views)
Shortcut
Still thinking of ya, 3f6. Hope all is going well :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

Anarrima
The Shire

Jul 24 2007, 6:42pm

Post #13 of 17 (1104 views)
Shortcut
Best of luck...you can do it!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

As someone who, last summer, took (and passed) the NYS bar, I know exactly how you're feeling, and I promise it will all work out just fine. Just stay relaxed (perhaps the hardest part of the whole process), and you'll do great. My only other advice is not to freak out after the exam when you have absolutely no idea if you passed or failed -- everyone I know who took the bar with me felt that way, and they all passed.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!! Smile

weaver
Half-elven

Jul 24 2007, 7:08pm

Post #14 of 17 (1102 views)
Shortcut
Let us know how you do! [In reply to] Can't Post

On movie, Far From Home just posted Sam's moment of being afraid to step out of the cornfield -- and look how far he made it in the end!

A bit of fear in the big moments of your life is a healthy thing, I think. You will do well in part because of that! Good luck and know you've got a lot of support!

Weaver

3Foot6

Jul 24 2007, 11:53pm

Post #15 of 17 (1109 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you all very much for your kind words.

I am half way done. I did all the essays and stuff today. The first one was truly terrible. But I think I made up for it. Overall, I guess I feel pretty good considering. After tomorrow, I am all done. I can't wait. 22 more hours!

3Foot6

Jul 26 2007, 6:04am

Post #16 of 17 (1103 views)
Shortcut
Done! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, I finished up today. I have no idea how I did. All I know is that I don't feel terrible after leaving. Who knows, maybe ignorance is bliss.

Thank you all for the support. I appreciate it very much.

Patty
Immortal

Jul 26 2007, 6:33am

Post #17 of 17 (1151 views)
Shortcut
Let us know how you did... [In reply to] Can't Post

now sit back and relax. It's over.Wink

Riding with the Rohirrim!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.