Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Flash Animation: One Ring (2 versions, quick opinion needed please!)

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Mar 16 2011, 7:58pm

Post #1 of 7 (2342 views)
Shortcut
Flash Animation: One Ring (2 versions, quick opinion needed please!) Can't Post

Hey guys!

I just finished my first Flash animation, and I did it on The One Ring. Unfortunately, the one with the fiery background makes the animation of the Ring a lot less smooth, so I have versions both with and without the background.

Without fiery background (smoother animation)
With fiery background (overall cooler looking, but choppy frame-rate)

So which one do you like better? Does the less smooth animation matter on the one with the background, or is it noticeable enough that the one without the background is better? Please leave a comment here and let me know! :)

Oh, and of course, other comments/critique are appreciated ^^

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 17 2011, 6:20am

Post #2 of 7 (1821 views)
Shortcut
Tricksy [In reply to] Can't Post

must log on to FB to see them precious. I'll take that to mean you do not want my opinion? Laugh

Seriously though even without seeing them I can tell you that the less choppy version would be better. Is it possible to change the image kb size? Would that even make a difference? oooh Flash uses .flv files which are pretty small already. Scratch that. Go with the less choppy one.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Mar 17 2011, 9:06am

Post #3 of 7 (1806 views)
Shortcut
Here's an alternate link everyone can see! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sorry about that, I did not realize you needed an FB account. Bad FB! Thanks for letting me know :)

I decided I liked the fiery background more after everyone in my class said it was better XD So... check it out here!

NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 17 2011, 11:57am

Post #4 of 7 (1807 views)
Shortcut
it runs really slow on my computer [In reply to] Can't Post

it's really like a faster slide show than animation. (maybe that's what it's supposed to look like)

But I think you did a great job on the painting part of it. It's clear you've spent quite a lot of time on this.

just fyi (and you might know), the music is the Seduction of the Ring theme.

I can remember those student days. Sometimes, I'd just stand up and shout, "I'm not panicking!". I think the worst was, when I was finished with the artwork, I had to still had to mat it and flap it and pack up all my supplies to make it to school. Then I had to come home and clean up the mess I'd left. At least working on the computer means fewer (and smaller) supplies and less mess.

Hope you're asleep.

LOTR soundtrack website
magpie avatar gallery ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Mar 17 2011, 3:31pm

Post #5 of 7 (1792 views)
Shortcut
Ah yes, very nice. [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe an animated Hobbit is not such a bad idea afterall.

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Mar 17 2011, 7:03pm

Post #6 of 7 (1780 views)
Shortcut
Ah, yes, I know :) [In reply to] Can't Post

That is the reason I chose the music for it- it was related to the Ring.

It's supposed to be a lot smoother, but unfortunately dA is picky about Flash. It runs pretty well on my internet at home; runs horribly on my internet at school when I'm on the school's Mac. The video on FB is smoother, but I have yet to figure out how to perfect the rendering process.

I got plenty of sleep last night, yes! I feel very much refreshed.

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Mar 18 2011, 5:11pm

Post #7 of 7 (2209 views)
Shortcut
Fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know what all goes into it, but it sounds hard

now get some sleep Wink

..The land of long-forgotten name:
......no man may ever anchor near;
..No steering star his hope may aim,
......for nether Night its marches drear,
..And waters wide no sail may tame,
......with shores encircled dark and sheer.

..O! Haven where my heart would be!
......the waves beat upon thy bar
..For ever echo endlessly,
......when longing leads thy thought afar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.