TORN LOTRO kin
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 14 2011, 4:37pm

Post #26 of 40 (3617 views)
Shortcut
I know I've tried to cover all the crafting bases. [In reply to] Can't Post

But I doubt any of them are leveled high enough to make anything really good yet.

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

13thHour
Rivendell

Feb 14 2011, 10:17pm

Post #27 of 40 (3607 views)
Shortcut
No problem! [In reply to] Can't Post

I have most varieties of pipeweed, including a few of the rarer ones. If anyone wants any samples, I will gladly send them to fellow kin members.

My craft is Woodsman (Forestry, Woodworking, Farming), which I thought was appropriate for a wood elf straight out of Mirkwood (NWA reference!). I'm maxed out at farming and at the Master level in the other two. I can craft some fairly nice stuff on my own, but it would be nice to have some folks around who can craft some of my more expensive ingredients. That way I can craft up some really awesome weapons and stuff for us to use.

To me, the main benefit of having a Kinship House is that we would all have shared storage. So if I made a nice bow or theorbo, I could stick it into our housing storage and whomever may need it could go pick it up at their leisure (since it seems I'm the only one who plays mostly on weekday mornings). I have the moolah to purchase a kinship house, but I don't wanna do it alone. If everyone agreed to help me with whatever they can, I could probably be persuaded to buy it for us. I'm not sure how much the upkeep is per week, but on my personal deluxe house it's 150s a week. I also have some cool decorations that are just gathering dust in my vault, waiting to adorn the walls and lawn of our new giant house. My personal favorite kinship houses are the ones in the Breeland housing area.

Speaking of my personal house, I have the permissions set to where anyone in our kinship can visit my house and take a look around. I can't recall the exact address, but it's in the Shire housing area, and my neighborhood is called "Aldo's End" or something like that. Run towards the back of the neighborhood and you'll see it. It currently has a couple snowmen out front, a few trees, and a big sundial. Stop by sometime for a good smoke or a pint! I have maxed out my rep with the Inn League, so I'd gladly share a pint or two of rare brews with any friendly visitors!

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

(This post was edited by 13thHour on Feb 14 2011, 10:19pm)

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 15 2011, 5:31pm

Post #28 of 40 (3501 views)
Shortcut
Sounds fun! [In reply to] Can't Post

Have fun everyone! I'd like to join, but unfortunately I cannot access Landroval as it's a US server Unsure

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.

acheron
Gondor

Feb 15 2011, 6:11pm

Post #29 of 40 (3500 views)
Shortcut
Agreed on kin storage [In reply to] Can't Post

I've already accumulated a couple gold; it seems to me that money is more plentiful now than it used to be. (And I see more inflated prices on the AH to match.) So I can start helping out on the kin house if we want to get one together.

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

acheron
Gondor

Feb 15 2011, 6:11pm

Post #30 of 40 (3516 views)
Shortcut
aww [In reply to] Can't Post

They region-restrict the servers? I didn't realize that. That's too bad, we'd love to have you. Smile

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

acheron
Gondor

Feb 15 2011, 6:35pm

Post #31 of 40 (3498 views)
Shortcut
and by the way, Turbine's customer support is great [In reply to] Can't Post

I bought a boxed copy of the Moria expansion last week. It was $10, and since boxed copies come with a free month of VIP access now (which in itself costs $10), I basically would wind up getting the Moria expansion stuff free. Sounded good to me, especially since I was interested in rolling up a Warden for my second character.

Anyway, after applying the code from the box Sunday night, it appeared I did have Moria access (so I could create a Warden), but the VIP stuff was missing. I rechecked their documents, and it did still say "boxed copies come with 30 days of free VIP play" or something, so I hadn't imagined that part.

So I wrote Turbine's customer service. Monday morning, I got a reply back, and they had given me the 30 days (actually a couple extra!) and clarified the other question I had regarding billing. I was very impressed with how quickly they responded.

Anyway, now I have a few more characters created (including the Warden), but haven't actually started them up yet. Too busy with Alaraman... I just finished Book I. Wink

Donry
Tol Eressea

Feb 15 2011, 6:45pm

Post #32 of 40 (3514 views)
Shortcut
Yes.... [In reply to] Can't Post

There are North American servers and European servers....we have a few folks who are on the Euro servers. Not sure how many that are still playing over there are still active on TOR.n,

Would be great to get us all on one server....c'mon continental drift! Back to the super continent toute suite!

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 15 2011, 6:47pm

Post #33 of 40 (3494 views)
Shortcut
acheron [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, Donry is right: LOTRO is split in a EU verision and a US verision. Why I don't know, but maybe it has to do with the internet speed as I would probably be lagging more if connected to a US server. Sucks though!

Donry
Tol Eressea

Feb 15 2011, 6:51pm

Post #34 of 40 (3507 views)
Shortcut
Crafting.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have a farmer that is maxed out, and his cooking is fairly high as well....tailoring is not quite as high as I'd like on that toon. I have most other crafting vocations covered but as RosieLass said, probably not very high. Some are quite low still actually..... I've not been crafting as much lately, very time consuming and in some cases expensive....

Legalize_Athelas
Lorien

Feb 15 2011, 7:17pm

Post #35 of 40 (3499 views)
Shortcut
Time Zones [In reply to] Can't Post

I would argue that part of the decision has to do with differing time zones, but then how to explain the countless Aussies I've played with over the years?

Yep, it's an unfortunate split. The differences can't be that big... I'm from Minnesota, USA, where 90% of the population are Swedes anyway. Tongue

Got Necroquestions? I'll give you Necromanswers.

I don't know about you, but the name "Farmer Maggot" would deter me away from his produce faster than those guard dogs of his. Farmer Maggot, seriously? I'd much rather thieve from the likes of a Farmer Tastytaters or Farmer Sweetcorn. How about old Farmer McDonald? I'm lovin' it.

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 15 2011, 7:49pm

Post #36 of 40 (3529 views)
Shortcut
You would have to create a new account through the US distributor, Turbine. [In reply to] Can't Post

Which would mean another subscription fee. :(

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

WrightWords
The Shire

Feb 19 2011, 11:42pm

Post #37 of 40 (3569 views)
Shortcut
Me! Me! Me! Add me! ummmm, I mean [In reply to] Can't Post

Hello, I am have just started Laudanor on Landroval, and would dearly love to meet up with a sib and join a kin. I am trying to learn group play, but I am terrible :-( and feel the need for a safe and friendly group to allow me to stumble along with you. ...

I've been a sib since .. I can't remember, mucho years, though not active the past 5 or 6.

WW

Cheers!

WW

RosieLass
Valinor

Feb 20 2011, 2:48am

Post #38 of 40 (3489 views)
Shortcut
We'll keep an eye out for ya! [In reply to] Can't Post

And we'll make sure you get into the kin. Welcome!

Donry
Tol Eressea

Feb 20 2011, 3:37am

Post #39 of 40 (3527 views)
Shortcut
Just make sure you look for a few of us.... [In reply to] Can't Post

When you are online.....I think 'friending' us might work as a start to get going....
some of my characters are:
Donry
Crahorin
Donsc
Donche

macfalk
Valinor

Feb 20 2011, 9:14am

Post #40 of 40 (4009 views)
Shortcut
If anybody here [In reply to] Can't Post

happens to play the EU verision, my name is Canthril, level 39 Elven Hunter on server Snowbourne [England]

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.