The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots & Other Events:
Honolulu: Tol Andúnë meeting

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2007, 6:31pm

Post #1 of 3 (1813 views)
Shortcut
Honolulu: Tol Andúnë meeting Can't Post

Tol Andúnë is the name of the Tolkien Society smial of Hawai‘i.

Our next Tol Andúnë meeting will be on Sunday March 25th from 10 AM to noon at Barnes & Noble Kahala Mall, in Honolulu.

Topic TBA.

We usually meet, discuss some topic from the books. Open to the public, though the public rarely shows. Then, afterward, those that want to usually go for lunch somewhere.

DoN

Websites Directory, my drawings,Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Altaira
Superuser

Feb 22 2007, 6:43pm

Post #2 of 3 (1412 views)
Shortcut
That's Tolkien Reading Day! [In reply to] Can't Post

The day the One Ring was destroyed - another tradition started by the Tolkien Society. That ought to give you a topic. Wink

Our local Tolkien Society is also having an event on that day. Last year I put a powerpoint slideshow together, brought the CDs of Tolkien and Christopher reading from Tolkien's works, and had people do readings. We'll probably do an encore this year.

Have fun! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the boards that are given to us"

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Daughter of Nienna
Grey Havens

Feb 22 2007, 8:44pm

Post #3 of 3 (1691 views)
Shortcut
is that official? [In reply to] Can't Post

is that official for the Tolkien Society? if it is, I never knew. We have two or three of these a year.

The founder of our group organizes the official group stuff, she usually organizes the topic. Sometimes she decides herself, or asks our own 'professor' for an idea, or puts a call out for suggestions via email. Not sure that B&N is amenable to slides show or if we have the means for it; th same for CDs...but I like the idea.

The rest of us chip in on the "unofficial" events and fun things. Its usually whatever falls in front of us.
Like I organize all the birthday celebrations for our group, on a seaonal basis. That same weekend, we will be celebrating two of our members birthdays. Our summer group is the largest, with 6 birthdays,

Everyone comes across something to organize. Our Tolkien/English teacher organized a social gathering for Lynn Porter. I organized several things when David Whenham was here as a juror for the film festival, to which I am a member, naturally being a film fan. (it's the festival that's putting on the Oscar Party). It seems that peoples' particular interest seems to bring their attention to something that they share with the group. I am so bad a digressing, sorry!

Where do you have your readings . . . that is what kind of a venue do you use?

Websites Directory, my drawings,Aloha & Mahalo

Nienna: “ those who hearken to her learn pity, and endurance in hope . . . All those who wait in Mandos cry to her, for she brings strength to the spirit and turns sorrow to wisdom." — Valaquenta

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.