Walk to Rivendell (and Beyond) -- February 22, 2007
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Miradan
Rivendell

Feb 22 2007, 11:05pm

Post #26 of 32 (608 views)
Shortcut
great compliment [In reply to] Can't Post

It really is nice when people notice these things. yay!

Have fun with the walk to Lorien -- the first stretch is rather dull but it does get better. Do make sure to give yourself time to heal before pushing yourself too hard.

luinfalathiel
Lorien

Feb 23 2007, 5:54am

Post #27 of 32 (601 views)
Shortcut
I'm resting at Crickhollow ... [In reply to] Can't Post

My walking has slowed somewhat since I've been on holiday ... thank heavens I can take a break, and not be chased by Black Riders! :)

Chance favours the prepared mind.
http://simulflow.vox.com

the eye of luinfalathiel

the eye of luinfalathiel

Miradan
Rivendell

Feb 23 2007, 11:44am

Post #28 of 32 (585 views)
Shortcut
Holiday is a good thing [In reply to] Can't Post

Not being chased by Black Riders is even better! Have fun relaxing at Crickhollow -- it's a nice break before the Old Forest.

sherlock
Gondor

Feb 23 2007, 4:14pm

Post #29 of 32 (607 views)
Shortcut
Stairs are tough! [In reply to] Can't Post

Where I work I've participated in a stair climbing competition and couldn't believe how difficult it was. I'm a walker/former jogger and I also take step aerobics so I thought it would be a piece of cake for me but boy was I wrong!

Keep up the good work!

Elven
Valinor

Feb 24 2007, 7:17pm

Post #30 of 32 (585 views)
Shortcut
Hi everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hi *waves* tis Elven Smile (formerly Elvenesque)

I went on a local walk I hadn't done - the Grand Staircase, but as I have a habit of doing everything backwards, instead of starting by walking down the stairs, I ended up (after a 3 hour walk) having to climb up the stairs Crazy - I seriously considered booking an ambulance to meet me at the top when I arrived ... they were so steep and cut into the rock, zig-zagging for about 1.5 kms. People who were walking down the stairs just smiled at me trying to haul myself by the railing ... never again!

My walks this week have been fairly short, but pleasant. Its been thunder and lightning in the afternoons, and very hot in the day - but the daylight is lasting until very late, so I've been walking then.

Miradan or gramma, I still have trouble accessing the miles page ... is the a chance I could be sent a copy of the miles/locations ... I have been walking for ages, I have no idea where I've wandered off to .... still .... how long has it been now? way over a year, maybe two ... LOL!! Any help would be great! Thanks!

Miradan
Rivendell

Feb 24 2007, 10:04pm

Post #31 of 32 (598 views)
Shortcut
That sounds like a nice hike [In reply to] Can't Post

You can get to the Shields Page directly at www.shieldmaidens.com. The mileage pages can be found at http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/tools.html -- look partway down the page for links to the various charts. If those don't help, let me know and we can figure something out,

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Feb 25 2007, 3:39am

Post #32 of 32 (628 views)
Shortcut
Whoa... my legs ache just Reading about it! [In reply to] Can't Post

sample sample
Trust him... The Hobbit is coming!

"Barney Snow was here." ~Hug like a hobbit!~ "In my heaven..."

TORn's Observations Lists

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.