Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Is Harry Potter Why.

TheGoblinKing
Rohan

Nov 16 2010, 4:15pm

Post #1 of 8 (726 views)
Shortcut
Is Harry Potter Why. Can't Post

I am think WB wants no Hobbit casting or Ian McKellan news so it doesn't interfere with all The HP7 part 1 hype. I mean who really needs all this interview stuff about 3 different stories about a kissing scene. WB best not mess with a good thing. Be greatful you also have The Hobbit.
Who is with me we want Hobbit Casting. We want Ian and Hugo News. We want Hobbit Casting. We Want Ian and Hugo News.

(This post was edited by Hengist on Nov 16 2010, 5:44pm)

dave_lf
Gondor

Nov 16 2010, 4:25pm

Post #2 of 8 (334 views)
Shortcut
There are still more than 2 years to wait [In reply to] Can't Post

May as well spread the news out a bit

TheGoblinKing
Rohan

Nov 16 2010, 4:42pm

Post #3 of 8 (334 views)
Shortcut
If Gonna Start Filming In January or Feb you need a cast. [In reply to] Can't Post

There is no bigger characters of The Hobbit then the returning Characters such as Elrond and Gandalf The Grey.

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2010, 4:55pm

Post #4 of 8 (330 views)
Shortcut
I don't expect [In reply to] Can't Post

that there is any direct link between the new Harry Potter film and the last week or so's lack of Hobbit news. I assume that the studio would stagger the press releases regardless of whether there were any major films coming out at this time. It maintains interest.

Lindele
Gondor

Nov 16 2010, 5:04pm

Post #5 of 8 (321 views)
Shortcut
I seriously doubt [In reply to] Can't Post

that a few fans impatience (myself included) is affecting how WB does business. If they are waiting for the HP7 hype to die down then so be it! We will wait! We know it's happening, we know it's happening soon, and in the end we will have a wonderful product.

dormouse
Half-elven

Nov 16 2010, 5:42pm

Post #6 of 8 (302 views)
Shortcut
No, I'm sure it isn't [In reply to] Can't Post

In terms of publicity a third casting announcement for 'The Hobbit' doesn't even begin to compare with the première of the penultimate film in the Harry Potter series. They might stagger an actual film release to avoid a clash but casting is only big news here and on other fan sites - no one else will be all that interested.

We're all impatient for more news but just think how far we've come in a few weeks. Not long ago The Hobbit had no green light, no certainty about who would direct - no real certainty that it would go ahead at all.... Now we know for sure it's happening and you can bet your life they're working their socks off casting, drawing up contracts, planning, designing, making costumes and doing everything else that goes into the last weeks of pre-production. They're behind schedule so they have a lot of catching up to do, making regular announcements won't be a priority.

Frustrating as it is, we just have to wait!

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Nov 16 2010, 10:05pm

Post #7 of 8 (219 views)
Shortcut
It is good to keep in mind that everything that happens here and on [In reply to] Can't Post

other fan sites becomes magnified in our minds but in reality is hardly a tempest in a teapot to the 99.9999% of other people who do not follow these or any other films.

Though, I am sure the studio publicity department pencils in various announcements for news effect...info will come all in due course of time.

(This post was edited by Eruonen on Nov 16 2010, 10:05pm)

TheGoblinKing
Rohan

Nov 17 2010, 12:50am

Post #8 of 8 (267 views)
Shortcut
I Wish To [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish to apologize for any remarks. Epecially if them seemed in an swearing text for was not my intent. I am a fan of both series book and film wise. Its just am not the biggest WB fan really. Its always liked to seem a bigger studio then everyone else.
They must be giddy they have The Nolan Batman series, HP and Now The Hobbit on there horizon. I just hope they don't do marketing based on HP hype buisness and I think more people are waiting for The Hobbit then you think.
The Hobbit is most read kids book of my generation and LOTR one of the best Franchises ever produced.
Its big as HP and Avatar in my book or even more.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.