Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Trolls Turning To Stone Effects
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Nov 16 2010, 5:16pm

Post #51 of 58 (131 views)
Shortcut
*mods up* [In reply to] Can't Post

And that explains it perfectly! Laugh

Excellent!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

"It struck me last night that you might write a fearfully good romantic drama, with as much of the 'supernatural' as you cared to introduce. Have you ever thought of it?"
-Geoffrey B. Smith, letter to JRR Tolkien, 1915

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Nov 16 2010, 7:34pm

Post #52 of 58 (131 views)
Shortcut
Trolls from Fellowship [In reply to] Can't Post

close-up of troll face

screenshot with all three

model of all three

Kangi Ska
Half-elven

Nov 16 2010, 7:52pm

Post #53 of 58 (115 views)
Shortcut
It is in the nature of [In reply to] Can't Post

Vampires too sparkle or burst into flames in sun's light.
It is in the nature of Trolls to turn into stone when sunlight strikes them. Bo extra outside push is required.

Plus, I heard that Sauron created a SPF9000 sunblock for his battle Tolls.

Kangi Ska Resident Trickster & Wicked White Crebain
New Zealand is Middle-earth & today life is good.

At night you can not tell if crows are black or white.

Photobucket

Jettorex
Lorien

Nov 16 2010, 8:21pm

Post #54 of 58 (116 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Mooseboy [In reply to] Can't Post

So I wonder if PJ will stick close to this version of the trolls-i suppose he has to-right?

- "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Pete
Bree

Nov 17 2010, 12:48am

Post #55 of 58 (123 views)
Shortcut
The Trolls pose from FOTR [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of the screen shots I saw were pretty obscure but this one of the Weta Collectible is pretty clear. So if PJ and Co. follow those poses we need one troll pointing down at something, one troll holding something small, one troll holding something bigger (Thorin in a sack maybe?).

As long as Gandalf is secretly prolonging the argument in hilarious fashion I'll be happy.

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Nov 17 2010, 12:50am)

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Nov 17 2010, 12:52am

Post #56 of 58 (103 views)
Shortcut
Good photo, [In reply to] Can't Post

but oversized. Would you mind resizing it to our guidelines in TORN 201 and reposting it?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded b*****d with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ainu Laire
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2010, 2:30am

Post #57 of 58 (78 views)
Shortcut
Serious love coming from this corner. // [In reply to] Can't Post

My LiveJournal ~ My artwork and photography

Photobucket
NARF since age 8, when I refused to read the Hobbit because the cover looked boring and icky.

Flagg
Tol Eressea

Nov 17 2010, 1:13pm

Post #58 of 58 (133 views)
Shortcut
I love it [In reply to] Can't Post

when filmmakers tie their series together so expertly. It would be quite impressive to watch the troll scene in The Hobbit, then see the trolls in the exact same position in FotR. It would show that the filmmakers had great foresight and attention to detail. When filmmakers (or authors, etc) go back and tamper with their previous work to make it fit more neatly with a sequel, much of this impressiveness is lost (though the revised product may still be better that the original – for example, Tolkien's LotR-complying version of The Hobbit, complete with menacing Gollum).

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.